The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jul 07, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Dig Out Day
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:33 am 

The blizzard blew out of here early this morning but after 27 hours of constant snowfall I have more than two feet down with higher drifts. Yesterday we had the garage open for the feral cats since the cat condos were simply overwhelmed by blowing snow. I'm in my home almost 38 years and this may be the worst I've ever seen but I'll know more once I get outside. The silver lining is that the power stayed on and today is going to be a sunny 35 degrees with diminishing winds.

Priority #1 today is to clear the cat condos, lay out lots of cat food and dig out the driveway. This is going to be an ordeal and of course my son makes it his business to be far away from home whenever it snows. The snow blower isn't rated for snow this deep but my shovel has no limits marked on it.

Post subject: Re: Dig Out Day
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:04 pm 

Take it easy!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:22 pm 

My back hurts just reading this. Don't overdo it, or brush up on your Spanish, and hire a neighbor. Si

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:42 pm 

I was digging by 7:30 a.m and the diggers for hire didn't start showing up until noon when I was in the home stretch (or could at least see it). The kids of today like to sleep in when the're not staring at glowing screens like jerks.

I was shoveling the lighter layers off the top and then manhandling the blower through the packed heavier stuff at the bottom. I even got out to do a little shopping. The main drags were passable but the Town of Hempstead fell on its ass again with clearing the residential streets. It was a horror for me drive out of here but that's a different bitch and moan as a taxpayer. The wife came out to help for a while with a shovel and clear off the car. She was a big help to me as I was running out of steam late in the game.