The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Shiloh The Sweet Babycakes & Friday - Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:57 pm 

Despite numerous newspaper ads through the years the tiny runt girl kitten Shiloh is still here. Nobody wants her. As a tiny newborn she had three brothers and a small mother. She wanted to nurse and live but her four brothers kept kicking her away. She lived because when her four brothers were loaded up with cat milk and slept her exhausted mother Mister Mittens would get up, grab her runt daughter by the scruff and flop in a corner to nurse her tiny runt solo.

Six years and three months later I am still unable to get that runt girl cat adopted into a good home.

Anyway, this afternoon while I was befuddled and losing some money with the action at Belmont Park, Shiloh came upstairs and crashed in my recliner after a fine lunch. She was maybe ten feet away but I had to go by her all afternoon to go downstairs for a beer and/or a pee. She was rolled up in a ball breathing nicely and happily.

Sometime in mid-card Friday Shiloh was sitting like a panda bear in my recliner but her two back legs were up in the air. With her two fronts she pulled a leg into her face and groomed the back paw and trimmed the claws with her front teeth. She licked the leg all the way up to a thigh before letting it go. And then she did the same thing with the other leg before crashing back to sleep.

I don't shower a lot but cats are on a grooming schedule that no human will ever understand.