The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Medicare Part B & The VA Counseling - Girls!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:49 pm 

More than $300 a month gets sliced off my Social Security "entitlement" for Medicare Part B due to the bride's income and our joint filing with the I.R.S. I have an additional 10% lopped off for taxes. The busty teen bride turned 62 this year and grabbed her Social Security - she blows 25% of her payment back to cover taxes.

My VA entitlement as an old-fart Marine regular in a bad war has me covered full-boat with primary care and hospital care but the VA hospital in Northport is 30 miles away and no ambulance is going there if I keel over, get hit by a bus, or fall off a roof with a 17-year-old girl and a can of beer in my hand.

My VA doctor put her hand over her heart yesterday and told me that I should keep Medicare Part B in case of an emergency if I could afford it and that VA hospital care is there for me but a long way from my home and no ambulance was going there from where I live. The busty teen bride out of 1973 told me the same thing so I'm staying aboard with Medicare Part B.

Dollars and the I.R.S. and Social Security? My Medicare premium for huge is predicated on income from two years ago and the bride is retired now. Our income was large via a bonus paid to the wife but a "change of status" via retirement and diminished income lays you up nicely for an interview with the I.R.S. to get a certain old Marine's Medicare Part B premium cut. We're going with lots of paperwork and a solid case.

Lordy, instead of working more than 80 years as a couple sometimes I think the teen bride and I should have just laid out somewhere, pumped out a lot of kids and let the government pay the freight.

Post subject: Re: Medicare Part B & The VA Counseling - Girls!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:56 pm 

Part B is for other than Hospital (Doctors visits) Do you have Part C & D too for drugs and stuff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:17 am 

No

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:03 pm 

I can't rid of Part B. It covers ambulances, second opinions, lab tests and a slew of other things I'd need if I couldn't make it to a VA facility in an emergency. If I get hit by a garbage truck in front of my home no local ambulance is going to take me 30 miles to the VA Hospital in another county.