The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Huge Street Tom Sad Face And The Kitten Bosco, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:44 pm 

After the Wednesday races at Aqueduct I prepared platters of 9-Lives cat food for the ferals. And a huge bowl of kibble. And then I loaded up a "Great Dane" feed dish with StarKist tuna and Chicken of the Sea Sardines.

Sad Face was sitting outside. He's a big tom and I know him for some years and I've fed him well whenever he shows up. He's a wild animal but he sighed when I grabbed his head to rub his skull, stroke his ears and pet the back of his neck and shoulders. This cat has huge fangs and claws but he's never gotten angry with me. I don't know how he treats female cats when they are "in season" but he's a gentle feral cat at dinner time.

I got the food out at dusk. Little Bosco the kitten got on the same feed platter as the huge tom Sad Face. The huge tom was happy to eat next to a kitten and share food. The kitten's grandmother Nasty Mom would have swatted the kitten away from "her" food.

Yes, cats are strange creatures but they each have an individual personality. The three feral cats Emily, Tuxedo and Garfield gallop up to me when I get home from ShopRite every morning for pettings and back rubs. They've already been fed before I leave but they know a second monster breakfast is coming loaded up with "human" tuna and sardines.

I wish I could save them all as house cats but I have three and have cat condos and a garage for the rest.

Post subject: Re: The Huge Street Tom Sad Face And The Kitten Bosco, Woole
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:45 pm 

Goin' to heaven :mrgreen: