The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Weather & Little Bosco Goes Missing
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:45 am 

It's been near constant rain Tuesday and Wednesday and it's been difficult feeding the ferals since they don't leave shelter in bad weather. Some hungry cats will eat in the rain, some won't. I didn't see little little Bosco all day Tuesday or Wednesday and couldn't find her. I thought the worse.

Wednesday night after dark there was a break in the rain. I snapped on the side light and went outside to see if any cats were around and some were trotting up to me for pettings and a meal - Emily, Tuxedo, Garfield, Bristol and a couple of other regulars.
I went inside to fill up some platters with 9Lives and went back out with lots of good food.

When I stepped out little Bosco came trotting down the driveway all pissed off and snarling. She was the first to start gobbling and when I told the wife that Bosco was here she came outside to see for herself. Bosco is apparently the only kitten that survived Emily's August litter (not born on my property).

This morning with the rain gone and the sun out little Bosco was here for two breakfasts of premium wet cat food, kibble and sides of canned tuna and sardines. We like that kitten a lot - feisty, playful and not intimidated by adult cats three times her size.

Post subject: Re: The Weather & Little Bosco Goes Missing
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:21 pm 

Ah...Bosco is OK...for now :) Survival of the fittest!

Post subject: Re: The Weather & Little Bosco Goes Missing
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:43 pm 

Bosco and her mother Emily were here for the huge dinner I laid out after the 9th at Aqueduct. The tom Tuxedo (all black with a white star on his chest) wouldn't eat until I rubbed his skull, ears, neck and shoulders. His tail was straight up and he was happy to see me. He's a wild animal.