The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Tom Trouble On Friday Night & Tomcats, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:35 am 

Trouble is a great big neutered tomcat who surrendered his gonads without a vote six years ago when he was a kitten. He is a house cat. He likes water and skips many meals. His sister and mother do not skip any meals and they are plump. The two spayed female cats at my house eat. For lunch the tom often sniffs at his feed dish and walks away or doesn't show up. He has zero belly while carrying 17 pounds of head, chest, muscle and haunches.

After the races at Aqueduct today I brought out lots of food for the feral cats I feed - cans of 9Lives, tuna, Friskies and sardines. Kibble too. The house cat Trouble got out the door but I missed that action while going into the kitchen.

When I got back outside with more food Trouble was mingling with the regulars that were eating. They know him from his time outside and seeing him at a window. He noodged heads with Emily and even went side-to-side leaning with the young orange tom Garfield. Everybody had their tail up in happiness while eating until a large orange tom walked up my driveway. I feed him when he shows up. He had breakfast here this morning before I took my wife to JFK. Nasty bastard, though.

Nasty Orange showed up walking slowly to the feed dishes I had laid out. He let out a hiss and some nasty noises. A lot of cats scattered. Emily, her nephew Garfield and her ballsy female kitten Bosco stayed close by. And so did the house cat Trouble. Eye contact and a hiss from Nasty Orange with tail down low sent Trouble into an attack and he had claws across the face of Nasty Orange, an ear chomp and fangs ready for the throat after a shoulder bite. Nasty Orange ran off and Trouble did not chase. With cats, it's not personal. It's only about territory and dominance, testicles be damned.

After running off the tomcat Trouble was down low on the driveway with his ears pinned back and his long tail sweeping back and forth with the tip of his tail wiggling. That is not gentle happy cat language. Ears and tail straight up while the cat is standing up are signs that a cat is happy to be near you

Trouble will be sleeping in a warm bed tonight at my house with some gear missing from underneath his tail and he will never be a father but he'll be sleeping tonight all rolled up in blankets & comforters with a roof over his head. And heat. And a great breakfast coming in the morning if he's hungry.

Nobody from the ASPCA has ever been to my house.

Post subject: Re: The Tom Trouble On Friday Night & Tomcats, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:05 am 

Right makes might!

Trouble is a" 6'4" TE" in excellant physical condition...Nasty Orange is a homeless, street fighter....no contest. :mrgreen:
Trouble knows "he is the man"