The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Great Cat Eats
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:45 pm 

Before the wife took off on her latest vacation we had a huge roast beef here cooked up by her medium rare. It's not easy shopping for two so portions of good meat are large and get "left over". After a couple of days of roast beef sandwiches (hot and cold) I diced up the last couple of pounds of roast beef and laid it outside warmed up on platters for the feral cats. They were thrilled to be eating some great warm food.

The 14.5 ounce can of Ship Ahoy Alaskan salmon fillets in water have been on sale at ShopRite for $1.79 and I've been stocking up. I dice up the salmon and lay it outside on a huge platter. The ferals will leave premium wet cat food to get on the salmon.

Yesterday I did myself up a huge center-cut pork chop with boiled potato, corn and a side of apple sauce. I don't eat like I used to so a lot of diced pork chop went outside to the cats.

Feral cats like salmon, medium-rare roast beef and thick pork chops broiled nicely. They also enjoy sardines, store-brand tuna on sale and premium wet cat food. It's getting cold out and I try to get as many good calories outside as I can. Jeez, we buy the 16-pound bags of kibble and always have that served 24/7. I can sit outside and have nasty street cats walk up to me just to lick my hand and purr. And I still don't know why I do it.

Post subject: Re: Great Cat Eats
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:46 am 

:D :D :D