The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: I Screwed Up After 38 Years
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:57 pm 

We caught our first snowfall this morning and the weather reports were all about following rain and rising temperatures to melt everything but I have never failed to clear off my sidewalk, driveway and property after snow has fallen. Until today - 12/17/16. Yeah, it's getting warmer overnight with a southerly flow of warm air as the polar vortex and arctic orgasm backs out of here but my property still has slush upon it. Before the snowblower got here a few years ago I can remember being 62 and spending ten hours outside clearing more than two feet of snow with a shovel.

What did the wife have to say? She said:

"Don't worry about it. This stuff will be gone tomorrow and you'll be seventy in just a year and two months. I'll have cash all winter in the house to have snow cleared if necessary. Relax."

Old farts that relax often find themselves relaxing for a long time after Taps is played but I appreciate the teen bride's concern for me. I liked her a little bit when she was 16. I like her a little bit more as she pushes 63. She's a sweet girl with a huge heart.