The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: My VA Doctor Called Me Wednesday
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:34 pm 

I saw Dr. Shirley T. last Friday and had good results off my blood and urine lab works from the week before but she was concerned about an elevated white cell count in the urine, a sign of infection. So on my way out she had me go pee for another lab job.

She phoned me today to tell me that I had left a great urine sample on Friday and that I was in good shape and that she'd see me in 6 months.

With a lab on site at the VA clinic all of this enormously expensive lab work is free to me as a veteran but to have an MD call me is something I'm not used to from a civilian doctor. I am very pleased with the health care provided to me from the VA. And the premiums I paid long ago as a teen Marine are working OK now for an old fart.

Post subject: Re: My VA Doctor Called Me Wednesday
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:41 pm 

And no bills come in the mail beyond $8 for all my prescriptions en masse for 90 days. That's an OK deal. The prescriptions come in the mail and I never have to go to a drug store with a wallet about to be emptied.

My Medicare Part B premium has been reduced since my wife retired but it's still large so that I can support bums on freebie Medicaid and provide subsidies to people going nuts with the insane premiums and deductibles on Obamacare.

Jeez, I hope things get better with American health care. Once the government got involved for everybody the poop hit the propeller big time. Too many people now are in generations after mine that believe the government owes them everything.