The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: That Cat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:54 pm 

The cat that has been rolling around for a long time got into the downstairs saloon again.

Lovely gentle cat.

We fed it and petted it.

It looked like it was getting chubby but we had no idea if it was male or female.

1/8 Pole was an Army infantry medic and knows male from female, mostly from the females that he's been knocking up for a long time. He got down on the saloon floor with the cat and told us that she is a female and pregnant.

She's out and gone and I'm a dog guy but I don't want the kittens to be in a jam.

Post subject: Re: That Cat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 pm 

I'll adopt one when the time arrives.

Post subject: Re: That Cat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:47 pm 

I have another cat story. Awhile back I posted about finding a cat huddled in the snow, in the road on top of a sewer grate. I brought him in our shop to warm-up and gave him food. We had no idea how old he was or where he came from, but he needed help and I couldn't turn him away. He reminded me of my barn cat at home, almost identical with long gray hair and a face like a lion. I decided a visit to the vet was warranted. He got shots, treated for ear mites and got a bath. The vet estimated his age at at least 10, possibly 15. He's an old cat that either got lost or his owners left him when they moved. I didn't have the heart to cast him out and decided to keep him in our heated wearhouse until the Spring. He knew how to use a litter box and wouldn't go near the garage door, probably fearing he'd never get back in again.

Two weeks ago I decided I'd try taking him home. He moved into my horsebarn grain room with heat and free access in and out of the barn. My other cat, mr. gray, has been living in the hay loft of the other barn since the big guy has arrived. Both keep their distance as old cats will do. Both will have a home as long as they need one. We own horses, dogs and now two cats. I love animals, all kinds of animals. Taking care of them gives my wife "Moonlighting" and I great satisfaction. We'll always have animals until we die. I could never turn away an animal in need.