The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Long Island Non-Storm On March 1st
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:44 pm 

All the local weather wankers told us that the storms that decimated the mid-west and caused death and destruction yesterday were going to roll through NYC and Long Island today. Thunder, lightning, torrential rain, high winds - small children could be picked up off sidewalks and sent over the nearest roof.

Me? I fumbled the races at Tampa Bay but this morning I laid out extra food for the feral cats in case bad weather kept me from laying out food tonight.

The reality? It was overcast all day and it drizzled a little bit this morning. No winds came. During the afternoon I saw Catty Patty and Bristol sprawled out on the deck out back sleeping the afternoon away dry with the mild temperatures - over 60 degrees.

The biggest laugh is what comes out of WNBC Channel 4 in New York. "Stormtracker 4" is the most powerful weather radar in the nation and the commercials and touting are endless. Well, it fell on its ass on March 1st and should be renamed "Shlongwhacker 4".