The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Small Cats Are Often Smart Cats, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:54 pm 

The orange Bosco out back still looks like a large kitten but he's supposed to be a large young tom by now.

Brains? He was clever enough to spend to spend the winter in a cat condo all jammed up with Bristol and Catty Patty on a good soft bed with the place all protected by great insulation. And he'd bunk in a cat condo with no matter who got there first. The ferals out back like him - he's good natured.

Most mornings I go out early to purchase a warm muffin and other strange things. I lay out three platters of wet cat food, a new load of kibble and fresh water. The ferals come running to eat as I drive away.

I get back to the house and bring my stuff inside. The feral cats know that Breakfast #2 is coming. I bring out more platters of wet cat food.

Bosco? That small orange tom doesn't touch Breakfast #2. That young Einstein knows that I'm in my kitchen loading up the stainless steel "Great Dane" feed dish with top-shelf tuna and sardines and he parks on the side steps waiting for the good stuff to come out. And he's one of the best sardine gobblers I have ever seen.

Post subject: Re: Small Cats Are Often Smart Cats, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:28 pm 

Bosco is an adorable "little guy" He looks smart when he sits so alertly by the side stairs.

Maybe Bosco has cat genetics from his Great-grand Mom...Mr Mom? Who is Bosco's... Mom...Emily...Ginger or ?

Post subject: Re: Small Cats Are Often Smart Cats, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:57 pm 

The mom is Ginger and the granma is Nasty Mom.

If I didn't have three cats inside the house the missing Aunt Emily and the gentle black tom Uncle Tuxedo would have been house cats already.

Bosco is a small tom but intelligence is written all over his face and demeanor. And he's absolutely gorgeous with that long striped chubby tail.

The huge street tom Sad Face was here this morning for a meal. I walked up to him and he just groaned as I rubbed his head and shoulders. He's a wild animal but I've been feeding him for some years now and he has never flashed a claw or fang or hissed at me. He knows that when he sees me I am no threat, mean him no harm and usually have food for him. And he'll share a feed platter with kittens and smaller cats. I'm sorry he's homeless - he could have been a sweet good-guy house cat for somebody.