The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Treated Great At ShopRite This Morning - Amazed
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:01 pm 

I ran some errands this morning and hauled the nickel empties out of here - beer cans, soda cans, glass Coke bottles and some plastic water and seltzer thingies that the wife consumes. The wife is concerned with the breast cancer that gallops on Long Island and is careful with the tap water but that's a different story.

I get less than a buck with the glass and plastic on a voucher but I ring up $3.80 with the cans out of a machine. My voucher comes back clipped in half with no bar code showing. No soup, no payoff for me.

Well, the loss of three bucks and eighty cents isn't going to make me rummage in garbage cans for food so I went to the customer service desk in ShopRite with my voucher and a half. I calmly voiced my complaint. My late 1918 mother taught me more than 60 years ago that I have a mouth and that I could use it to voice a grievance if I was wronged or catching a bad deal so long as I behaved as a gentleman and brought a good case to table. My case today was half a voucher, a plea and different vouchers from the same set of machines (plastic and glass).

The lady behind the counter looked me in the eye and said, "I will pay you" and she cashed me out four bucks and change American money. I thanked her and then went around the store to buy a couple of bananas, a muffin, the Maxwell House coffee on sale, twenty cans of Friskies cat food on a deal and some tuna & sardines for the cats out back.

Not everybody in business is out to beat you or ignore a legitimate complaint in 2017.

I'm more happy with the $3.80 I caught at ShopRite today than pissed with the $79.30 I lost at Belmont Park.