The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Teen Bride Chastised Me - It's A Cat Thing
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:27 pm 

The house cats ate well for the two weeks the bride was away to Ireland. Great food, great beds, great treats, great play, great pettings.

The momcat Mister Mittens was puking a little when the bride got home yesterday. And then she gacked up a huge hairball.

Last night the momcat was in the wife's lap and caught a brushing that took an enormous amount of cat hair off of her. Cats have a tongue that's like sandpaper - tiny stiff bristles that point towards the throat to help small prey keep moving the right way after a kill. Those same sandpaper bristles catch cat hair during the grooming ritual and the cat has trouble spitting it out. The hair gets swallowed. Mom Nature does not allow the cat hair to be digested. She clumps it all up in the cat's stomach and makes the cat puke it out.

Brushing a house cat keeps the cat from swallowing a lot of hair and I did not brush our three cats for the two weeks that the wife was away. I am a bad boy, a chastised boy and I promise to do better with the cats we love in the future.

Post subject: Re: The Teen Bride Chastised Me - It's A Cat Thing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:14 am 

I saw the small female cat Shiloh (the runt kitten "Sweet Babycakes") flat on her back upon my wife's lap in the living room while getting her chest and belly brushed.

Three cats were not an option to keep seven years ago and the runt kitten is still up for adoption. Nobody has ever wanted that sweet and gentle girl cat. I might be stuck with her.

Post subject: Re: The Teen Bride Chastised Me - It's A Cat Thing
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:24 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
The house cats ate well for the two weeks the bride was away to Ireland. Great food, great beds, great treats, great play, great pettings.

The momcat Mister Mittens was puking a little when the bride got home yesterday. And then she gacked up a huge hairball.

Last night the momcat was in the wife's lap and caught a brushing that took an enormous amount of cat hair off of her. Cats have a tongue that's like sandpaper - tiny stiff bristles that point towards the throat to help small prey keep moving the right way after a kill. Those same sandpaper bristles catch cat hair during the grooming ritual and the cat has trouble spitting it out. The hair gets swallowed. Mom Nature does not allow the cat hair to be digested. She clumps it all up in the cat's stomach and makes the cat puke it out.

Brushing a house cat keeps the cat from swallowing a lot of hair and I did not brush our three cats for the two weeks that the wife was away. I am a bad boy, a chastised boy and I promise to do better with the cats we love in the future.

:roll: :roll: