The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Wife Heart, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:34 pm 

I'll be driving the bride to JFK on Thursday so she can get aboard another ship for a cruise with friends and relatives. I don't want to travel ever again but she loves to travel and I always send her off with a kiss and a grope at the airport. I'll be a bachelor for almost two weeks, left with nothing.

Well, not really.

Wife: "I went to ShopRite Monday. There's steaks, chicken, pork chops and ground sirloin in the freezer. I bought enough cat treats to take care of the house cats. You've laid in lots of cat food and I know you have some money in your wallet. I bought a 16-pound bag of kibble for the cats outside. All of the bills are paid. And I filled up the gas tank today."

Like I said, she's leaving me again. Lordy, I love that busty teen bride on Social Security a little bit.

Post subject: Re: Wife Heart, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:02 pm 

:) :) :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:29 pm 

Fast forward to Monday, November 6th. She's back in Ft. Lauderdale from her Caribbean cruise.

Later today I'll be heading to JFK again to pick up the wife. So as not to gross her out and embarrass her in public I plan to go with a new shave, shower and clean clothes on. The sacrifices I make for her are incredible.

This will be my first airport pickup with my spiffy OFFP (old fart flip phone) so I will have instant communication with the wife when her plane lands. Back on October 11th somebody called me as a wrong number and I haven't used it since but I have the book to study and I will read it again to retrain myself on how to use it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:56 pm 

:lol: :lol: It is "only" 2017...technology "rules" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:25 pm 

She's home. The cats were as happy to see her as I was.

I parked for free in the JFK cellphone lot and the OFFP performed flawlessly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:25 pm 

Who do you go through, ConsumerCellular? My father-in- law uses the OFFP through them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:38 pm 

I dunno. It's the Jitterbug deal that costs me $24.95 a month and I auto-pay it. In the past two months I've made one call on it. I can text and send & receive dirty photos. I don't have voicemail since I'm always home and rarely turn the thing on. Nobody has my number except my wife and son anyway.

Pay phones were cheaper. I don't go back to a nickel but I made a lot of ten-cent phone calls in my youth.