The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The November 1st Morning Chill & The "Girl" - Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:52 pm 

It was 36 degrees by my house on Long Island prior to dawn on the first day of November. I had the heat shut off since late April.

Last week I replaced the furnace filters and the batteries in the thermostat. I set the time, programmed the thermostat and ran the heating system for a test run. A-OK. The oil tank got topped off. By golly, we were going to have heat when needed.

I went to bed on Halloween night. Several minutes later a creature jumped into my bed in the dark and slammed her rump into my left hip as she flopped. Of course it was the momcat Mister Mittens. I rubbed up her skull, neck and shoulders and we both went to sleep.

Middle of the night? Well I woke up to pee since my ancient prostate gland is half the size of Montana and pushes into my bladder. I peed. The sleeping momcat stayed sleeping. When I got back the house was becoming very chilly. I never turned a light on and I knew where I had a lap blanket so I grabbed it. Big mistake.

I got back into bed and laid the lap blanket over the momcat. She got all hissy and pissy until I took the blanket off of her and flung it away. That's when she made some kind of indecipherable cat noise and went back to sleep. Me too without the cat noise.

In the pitch black of 5:45 this morning I woke up. Warm cat breath was blowing into my face via gentle head butts while a front paw (claws in) was working my chin. The momcat wanted her breakfast.

I am happy to report that cats make great pets and do not ever think that they have any control over their human caretakers.

Post subject: Re: The November 1st Morning Chill & The "Girl" - Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:55 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: How "dare YOU" bother Mr Mom before HER routine 5:XX AM wake up :mrgreen: