The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Bad News From The I.R.S.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 pm 

I was being robbed out of my Social Security payment into my Medicare Part B premium due to my wife's income and that was OK since we file jointly for the taxes and I understood the deal.

When the wife retired I was still being robbed despite her decreased income and we appeared in person at the local Long Island I.R.S. office with great documentation to plead a case for the "retirement" loophole that makes MY Medicare premium not based on the wife's income from two years back since she had retired.

We won our case in front of an I.R.S. female boss and my SS payments went up by a C-note and change.

Today? The I.R.S. sent me a letter and they say they fucked up and that I owe them a lot them a lot of money. They are going to send a bill and cut my payments.

Do four years as a United States Marine in a bad war? And then work for 40 years as a taxpayer? Play by the rules for your entire life?

No matter. Even when you're a toothless old addled shit like me Big Government is always out to grab whatever dollars you have.

The irony here is that I catch 100% of my medical care from the VA for free from my service in some bad places as a U.S. Marine.

Post subject: Re: Bad News From The I.R.S.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:38 am 

Hire a top tax attorney.

Post subject: Re: Bad News From The I.R.S.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:48 pm 

Now they want an additional $54.20 a month out of my Social Security for Part D drug coverage starting January 1st when my prescriptions are 100% covered by the VA.

Happily, I was able to stop that attempted robbery after an hour of bad phone music.

You're just a Big Government number and the gigantic bureaucracies within Big Government will take everything you have if you're not on your toes.

The VA gets bashed day in and day out by the press and yet the VA is the only part of the U.S. Government that has treated me fairly and well. Go figure.