The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Got A New Cat Customer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:13 pm 

A black cat was out back on the deck this weekend checking things out and I thought it was Tuxedo but Garfield was up on a cat condo all tensed up and Bosco was crouched behind the Bar-B-Q glaring. It couldn't have been Tuxedo since Garfield is his brother and Bosco is his nephew and they're tight.

Monday morning there was no wind and it had warmed up to 19 degrees so I laid out platters of wet cat food. I saw a black cat galloping along the sidewalk to get to my house and I thought it was unusual that Tuxedo was not out back. But Tuxedo was at the bottom of the steps waiting for me.

There's a new black cat coming here for food. He or she is smaller than Tuxedo and the bride says she thinks it's got a white dot on its chest like Tuxedo. The regular crew had a hearty breakfast and then the black cat came from under the car to eat. It'll be interesting to see how things work out as even cats in a small colony are very territorial.

Post subject: Re: Got A New Cat Customer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:03 am 

Aw...likely hungry. Must be really hungry to come onto your property with the FF in residence.
:(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 am 

And on Tuesday morning when I stepped out to retrieve my newspaper delivery Nasty Mom was sitting in the driveway. She just gave me that glare that means she's hungry. Moments later I had warm water, kibble and platters of wet cat food and tuna and sardines moving out the side door. A huge cat crew got well fed - Ginger, Bristol, Garfield, Mr. Orange, Nasty Mom, Tuxedo, Bosco and Catty Patty. And when Sad Face shows up I'll feed him too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 pm 

:D goin' to heaven!!!

No doubt w/o good food and viable shelter for this frigid winter...the FF and hungry visitors would be... :cry: starving and frozen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:19 pm 

Sad Face was here for dinner and actually liked the back rub I gave him. Yeah, Garfield and Tuxedo became a bit jealous so I rubbed them up too.