The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Friday's Cat Breakfast After No Thursday Dinner
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:14 pm 

I laid out no Thursday cat dinners since it was raining and they were all laid up and absent. On Friday morning when I got back from my muffin run the dawn was just breaking and I had many breakfast customers sitting up the driveway by the side door. The big Sad Face came up to me with that "I'm hungry" look. I gave him a good rubbing. That's when I went inside and prepared a great meal for the cats. Sad Face was on his hind legs tapping at the screen door until I brought out the platters of Friskies and the tuna & sardines. And kibble and fresh warm water.

The cats are well fed and not in trouble if they skip a meal because of weather. Every one carries a good "belly bag" loaded up with fat reserves. And I save a few bucks too.

Post subject: Re: Friday's Cat Breakfast After No Thursday Dinner
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:36 pm 

Aw..Sad Face likely lives in the cold, somewhere outdoors.

No surprise he was hungry...especially because he isn't a regular guest for meals!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:49 pm 

I've seen Sad Face flop in a cat condo for a daytime nap but nobody here knows where he spends his nights.

I'm not the first human he's had contact with. We think he belonged to somebody at one time. He catches at least one good meal here on most days. He's become a gentle soul since he was neutered and we like him a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:05 pm 

Sad Face was here for a good Saturday morning breakfast. And so was White Leg and that black tom that looks like Tuxedo and is probably his brother. Both of the "intact" toms had a hissing standoff in the back yard while all the TNR cats ate heartily.