The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Nor'easter #4 Is Coming...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:49 am 

Yeah, at 12:15 p.m. today Mother Earth will get half way through her 23.5% wobble and the Vernal Equinox will happen - springtime if you live north of the Equator.

And tomorrow Nor'easter #4 is due in and my weather wankers tell me that i can expect high winds and somewhere between 8 and 11 inches of wet heavy snow. I wonder if Al Gore will be shoveling any of this "global warming".

Post subject: Re: Nor'easter #4 Is Coming...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 am 

On the first morning of spring when I should be thinking about tomato plants, teen girls in tube tops and the return of turf racing I was outside at dawn to make sure I got a very good meal into the cats out back. At 7 a.m. it was dark, dreary, windy and miserable with some nasty sleet falling. The cats were hungry, came out of their shelter and warm beds and caught some great food & warm water. They've all got good flops in which to stay out of the weather today.

A foot of heavy wet snow is due to come down later today, tonight and into Thursday morning. We've been lucky with the nor'easters out of March 2nd, March 7th and March 12th. I'll be calling this an OK deal if the lights stay on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:45 am 

Spring is ...when? :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 pm 

Spring sprung yesterday. The wife says she doesn't care how bad it is later - I'm going out back this evening to make sure the cat flap is clear and I'll be moping along with bowls of kibble and warm water to lay down inside the garage.