The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: I Thought I Was Going To Lose A Cat Today, Wooley
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:31 pm 

Mr. Orange has always been a strange unkempt cat, like he doesn't spend any time at grooming himself. He doesn't bother any cats and no cats bother him. He always appears as "listless" and I have no idea where he sleeps but I do know it's somewhere on my property. But he always eats and this morning at breakfast I expected three orange cats to plow into into the platters, kibble, tuna and sardines with the other cats but only two orange cats were there - Garfield and Bosco. I was concerned.

Mid-morning I went out back to see if Mr. Orange was laid up sick or dead in a cat condo or in the garage. I didn't mention anything to Colleen because I knew she had an appointment in Queens about her annuities and I didn't want her upset about a sick cat outside. She'd have wrapped the cat in a blanket and raced off to the animal emergency hospital in East Meadow. I didn't want that.

I found Mr. Orange huddled up in the alcove of a basement window in the back of the house. He stared at me and I looked back. His eyes were clear and his ears were up. I told him if he died I'd kill him. Later on I saw him "sphinx" on the backyard grass, head up. It's cold out so after the 10th at Philly Park I laid out platters of warm cat food, kibble and tuna & sardines drenched in warm water. And I brought in the water bowl, got rid of the ice and laid out lots of warm water.

And then Mr. Orange showed up with an appetite to eat. Sick cats do not eat. Strange cats like Mr. Orange make cat caretakers like me go bonkers.

Post subject: Re: I Thought I Was Going To Lose A Cat Today, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:15 am 

:o :o :o But he must have been having "hiccup" this day :roll:

He ate..so he must feel OK. You say he is a bit "odd" Glad you notice. :)

BTW I tried to send you a pm. Don't know what I did wrong. No big deal. I am in Boston MA staying with sis and b-i-law.
They have a 9 yr old cat they adopted 2.5 yrs ago. Kiki is a third family member... spoiled, vocal, and smart. Reminds me of
the Momcat. :mrgreen: Demands play time, attention, and watches fish on a PC! Picky eater too. Same litter routine..clean only!

I had THR surgery in Boston 1/8/2019 at 730 am and was released from hospital 1/09/2019 at noon. My sis and b-i-law are "inhouse nurses." First week was rough. Pain..no fun...could not walk w/o walker or crutches... very difficult just to get out of bed
Never had any prior surgery, stiches,broken bones,etc Never been in hospital except for appendix 40 yrs ago.

Expect recovery 6 weeks from surgery...could have gone home at week 3 ...but doc not want me fly alone and live unattended until hip is A-OK. The biggest problem was KiKi the cat was miffed. My bedroom is where KiKi suns herself in a basket sitting on a long table opposite the bed facing afternoon sun. Her napping spot is a down comforter/lair in a corner in the room or under the
bed on the carpeted floor next to the heating vent. Today, I made the grade with KiKi...I left the room, and when I returned KiKi was sitting in the nice, warm tumble of sheets/blankets I had vacated! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:36 am 

Get well soon! Just fed the cats at 5 a.m. and had the tom Trouble for a bunky all night as the momcat crashed in my recliner. Mr. Orange was fine yesterday and actually groomed himself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:33 pm 

I lost my Tessa at 1 am this morning. A grunt and a few shallow breaths and she was gone. I loved the old broad. She was 20 and even though I only knew her 5 years my heart is broken. No better cat has ever lived. She will be missed. More tears than beers will flow this week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:50 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Get well soon! Just fed the cats at 5 a.m. and had the tom Trouble for a bunky all night as the momcat crashed in my recliner. Mr. Orange was fine yesterday and actually groomed himself.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:54 pm 

1/8-pole wrote:
I lost my Tessa at 1 am this morning. A grunt and a few shallow breaths and she was gone. I loved the old broad. She was 20 and even though I only knew her 5 years my heart is broken. No better cat has ever lived. She will be missed. More tears than beers will flow this week.

:( :( :( Know the feeling. Had both a 15 yr old cat and 13 yr old lab. Took years before I could speak about them without tears.