The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Nasty Mom The Cat & Some Bewilderment, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:25 pm 

Nasty Mom does not live out back but some years back gave birth to Ginger and Emily here. Nasty Mom vanished and I figured she was taken in for a pet. Ginger and Emily stayed here for great food and that's when they began having kittens. Sad Face was fighting off toms all over the neighborhood and visiting a lot of lady cats. Kittens were all over the place at my house and that's when I went on a mission with cattrapper.org. We trapped lots of cats, Nasty Mom and Sad Face included. Many kittens were laid up for adoption and caught good homes.

What bugs me now is that Nasty Mom is always here. I thought that she had a "forever home" since she would skip meals and days at my house but now she is here constantly. Even between meals she lays up in the driveway or underneath the wife's car and eats here like she's eating no place else. She looks great and healthy but I wonder.

Sad Face? That old no-balls tom shows up for some meals but I don't worry about him. He's robust and carries great bulk. Somebody somewhere in the neighborhood is taking care of him too with a warm place to flop. When I grab him for a rub he just closes his eyes, tosses his head and groans. I love him a lot but he just tolerates me with some affection. Nobody on this planet beyond the bride and me can lay hands on that street beast. That we know of anyway.

Post subject: Re: Nasty Mom The Cat & Some Bewilderment, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:32 am 

Nasty mom and Sad Face are permanent residents .. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Nasty Mom The Cat & Some Bewilderment, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:46 am 

Could be, Wooley. Nasty Mom and Sad Face catch great meals here.

Now and again Sad Face shows up after breakfast is served and before dinner is served. I'll see him or the teen bride will tell me that he is sitting in the driveway staring at our side door. I'll bring him out a can of Friskies on a platter. He's a huge street tom and I got him in a trap for TNR but he knows me for some years before that. He has never hissed at me or showed a fang or a claw. He just tolerates me with his eyes closed and his head tossed when I pet him or rub him up. He knows I will never hurt him and he will never hurt me.