The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saw A Cat Fight This Morning, Wooley
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 pm 

The weather has been bad and on Tuesday morning every cat I know was here for food, including the intact toms Midnight and White Leg. Nasty Mom and Sad face were here too but they are TNR cats from 2017. Midnight is not a problem but White Leg can be a bully and wants nothing to do with humans.

I was into the driveway from my beer run this morning and saw White Leg sitting in the flower bed out front. The smallest tom here, Bosco, came down the driveway to greet me with his tail straight up until he saw White Leg. Bosco flattened his tail to the ground and got into a stare/glare situation with White Leg. Bosco got into a crouch with his back paws slowly tapping the ground almost imperceptibly. He was going to pounce and attack. And White Leg knew it. And I knew it. That's when I should have opened the car door to get out and stop what was coming but I didn't - I was fascinated by the small neutered tom being angry about the larger "intact" tom being on his territory after the morning meal.

Bosco attacked and got in the first bite but the bigger cat got some teeth into his shoulder and spun him around and dumped him on his back. White Leg went into Bosco's throat. Bosco spun out of that deal, got back on his feet and blasted White Leg across the face with a right front paw that had all the claws blown out.

I was out of the car by now. White Leg left the property and Bosco trotted up the property to get behind the house. I had no idea that the smallest tom here was so territorial as a neutered cat. I tip my cap to him but feel badly that I watched this fracas instead of getting out of the car to prevent it. How long did the fight go on? Less than seven seconds.

Post subject: Re: Saw A Cat Fight This Morning, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 am 

:shock: Is Bosco OK? No bites...?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:46 am 

He's fine. I checked him out last night when he was having his dinner.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:22 pm 

Whew!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:56 pm 

When the wife pulled into the driveway this afternoon White Leg was lurking nearby. Bosco was sitting out front glaring at him. The little lean cat lost no heart when he was castrated.