The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saturday Morning's Cat Breakfast, Wooley, & Sad Face
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:29 pm 

I fed the outside cats early before I went out at 7 a.m. Temps were already in the low 80s but I went out "late" since Vincent's Bakery opens at seven and I wanted a cheese Danish to go along with my Cheerios and sliced banana.

After hitting the bakery I rolled into ShopRite. I bought some beer, cat food, a can of coffee on sale and since my wife mentioned she was concerned about being low on butter I purchased a pound of Hotel Bar butter. I also bought some cans of store-brand canned chicken for 88 cents on sale this week for the cats outside.

When I pulled into the driveway Sad Face was laid out in the upper driveway on his side with his head up while glaring at me, the driver. He never moved since he has known for years where the car stops. I got my stuff out of the car.

On my way to the side door I laid everything down to pet Sad Face. The food platters behind him were mostly empty and already beginning to dry up in the heat. He tolerated the pettings until I began to rub his lower back just in front of his tail. That's when he cranked open his jaws and flashed his fangs at me. But he never hissed and he stayed laid down and his front claws never got blown out. The cat and I are buddies for a long time. Years. Sad Face knows that I would never hurt him and that I care for him and I know that he would never strike at me.

I got inside and brought him out a huge platter of Bumble Bee chunk tuna in water with extra water laid into it. All for him. Sad Face was standing up in front of that platter before he got into it and he looked up at me. I bent over to pet his head and shoulders.

I went inside to make coffee and the cat caught a great meal and got hydrated well. I like that cat a whole bunch.

Post subject: Re: Saturday Morning's Cat Breakfast, Wooley, & Sad Face
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:56 pm 

AW...he was "thanking you", and "apologizing for being "testy"...the heat bothers all :(