The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Saturday Morning's Missing Cat Thrill, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:13 pm 

Neither the wife or I had seen the TNR tom Sad Face for three days. He rolls in most days after dawn and waits for me to feed him a good breakfast. In warm weather he'll flop on the front lawn to catch the rising sun or sit in the driveway until he hears me open the side door to gather in the platters and feed bowls and water bowls from the night before for washing. No Sad Face here for any feeding for three days.

This morning shortly after dawn I open the side door and there is Sad Face, sitting in the driveway and he's staring at me. I was thrilled to see him and I walked over to him. I rubbed him up gently while he shut his eyes, cringed and winced. He's a big cat and has some years on him but I've been feeding him since he was a feral kitten. He wouldn't bite me or flash his claws to me on his worst day.

It was just good to see him A-OK after some days of not showing up here for some food.

Post subject: Re: Saturday Morning's Missing Cat Thrill, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:24 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Neither the wife or I had seen the TNR tom Sad Face for three days. He rolls in most days after dawn and waits for me to feed him a good breakfast. In warm weather he'll flop on the front lawn to catch the rising sun or sit in the driveway until he hears me open the side door to gather in the platters and feed bowls and water bowls from the night before for washing. No Sad Face here for any feeding for three days.

This morning shortly after dawn I open the side door and there is Sad Face, sitting in the driveway and he's staring at me. I was thrilled to see him and I walked over to him. I rubbed him up gently while he shut his eyes, cringed and winced. He's a big cat and has some years on him but I've been feeding him since he was a feral kitten. He wouldn't bite me or flash his claws to me on his worst day.

It was just good to see him A-OK after some days of not showing up here for some food.

Maybes someone kicked or threw something at him... :roll: Why wd he wnce when you pet him :?: He is OK :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:22 pm 

Sad Face was a tough brawling street tom. He sighs and lets me pet him. He doesn't "wince and cringe" from any maltreatment at any time. Maybe I used poor wording.

I think he just misses being the King Cat from the neighborhood with many pregnant girlfriends.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:29 pm 

Every boxer has to "hang up the gloves"...eventually :mrgreen: :mrgreen: