The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Wednesday Morning's Surprise With Sad Face, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:11 pm 

I hadn't slept in my bed for more than a month with the sciatica pain but since I've healed up a bit I'm back in my bed with the momcat and rump thumps into my left hip when she flops next to me in the dark. I could only sleep pain free in my recliner propped up like a mummy that had no room to lie down dead.

Back in my bed I've been sleeping later in the morning. That comes from staying up later with some TV - Perry Mason and the Twilight Zone on Me-TV. And Alfred Hitchcock. Hey, I was in my recliner and knew I had to sleep there. Bad habit.

Anyway, when I got outside this morning to feed the cats it was already over 80 degrees. Up against the fence laid out to catch the morning sun was my old buddy Sad Face. What happened next amazed me since Sad Face always stands off to the side when I bring out food to the younger cats.

I was collecting the empty platters and feed dishes and the water bowl from the night before for a washing and scrubbing at the kitchen sink. As usual a bunch of cats swarmed me for pettings - Tux, Catty Patty, Garfield and Bosco. Mr. Orange just hunches down by my feet. Ginger and Nasty Mom keep their distance and patiently wait for food to come their way. I love those girls - they are survivors and brilliant cats with their street sense.

Sad Face came off his "lay down" by the fence, waltzed up to me in a quick walk and rubbed up against my right leg. That's a sign of affection and that was unusual behavior from an old battered street tom even if the cat is now neutered. I love that cat a little bit but figured he'd never do more than tolerate me. I was wrong.

Post subject: Re: Wednesday Morning's Surprise With Sad Face, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:37 pm 

Bravo! I bet Sad Face likes the contact. Maybe he'll become more relaxed :D

Takes alot of time for ferals to adjust to contact...after years on the street combating humans and other animals.. :cry: .