The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Chewy.com & Cat Food
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:07 pm 

I was in ShopRite on Tuesday morning for my muffin run and to grope old ladies out early in the produce aisle. I was set to buy a load of Friskies cat food but was taken aback. The price was $12 for 20 cans - 65 cents each. The cats were going on food stamps before I paid that.

Back home I got online with Chewy.com and ordered up some 24 and 32 and 40-packs of Friskies. I had great variety and my cost ranged from 49 to 52 cents a can. And I ordered up a 16-pound bag of kibble too on a deal. What I was spending entitled me to free delivery.

Next day (today) all my cat stuff was deposited on my front stoop about the time the ponies at Aqueduct were going to the gate for the second race. I don't mind spending money for the cats but saving some isn't bad either.

One time Chewy.com notified me that fifty bucks worth of cat food was "delivered" but it wasn't. I phoned customer service and they apologized and re-shipped. Meantime my mailman was given a heads up about boxes of cat food on the wrong stoop by a neighbor and he lugged the stuff to my house.

I called Chewy.com to make things right with the double delivery and they told me it was "on the house" and that they hoped I would remain a steady customer.

I'm a Chewy.com fan.

Post subject: Re: Chewy.com & Cat Food
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:40 pm 

:D :D :mrgreen: