The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:52 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Wednesday Night's Cat Dinner Screw Up
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:10 pm 

It didn't snow much earlier today and I had good food laid out for the outside cats for a breakfast and more food laid out when I fed the three house cats a lunch.

For the nightcap at Gulfstream more than a thousand miles south of Long Island there was still some daylight there while outside my house the world was dark with night. The outside cats do not ever eat dinner in the dark.

I laid out lots of food into the dark and a lot of outside cats were here to eat it.

When I open the side door to bring in platters and feed dishes for cleaning I leave the door open. Quite often the huge tom Sad Face stands on his hind legs to peer through the screen door into the kitchen to make sure I'm working at preparing a meal. He did that this evening.

But the pisser was his runt granddaughter Catty Patty up on her hind legs jammed up against her grandfather looking in as well. Sad Face often sits aside when the outside cats eat. Before being neutered in the Spring of 2017 he was the husband, father and grandfather of every cat that lives and eats here.

Post subject: Re: Wednesday Night's Cat Dinner Screw Up
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:43 pm 

Sad Face has good genes...progeny are smart, even tempered and healthy...with "a little help" :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Wednesday Night's Cat Dinner Screw Up
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:37 am 

Sad Face is a large neutered tom. When he was making lady cats pregnant years ago he sometimes got ripped up in street brawls with other males but he always made it to the Honeymoon Suite.

When Sad Face got trapped and taken away to be neutered the lady from the cat trapper outfit and the volunteer vet were concerned about Sad Face coming out of his cage to be examined.

The cat was gentle. Sad Face was examined, neutered, vaccinated and held over to treat old street-fight wounds.

Today now when I reach out to Sad Face to pet him he will sometimes cringe and slam his eyes shut. He likes the rubbings though and never worries about me hurting him.