The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Sad Face The Cat Went Missing Again, Wooley, But...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:42 pm 

I was feeding the cats outside for a Friday night dinner on 12/27 and feeling poorly since Sad Face hadn't been seen for almost five days. He has vanished before but never for this long. The wife and I were down in the dumps. As I was bringing out the first load of food platters I saw a huge grey thing sauntering slowly up the driveway. It was Sad Face! He was looking good!

He ate well with the other cats. When I told the bride that Sad Face was here she spun around on her chair in the den by her desk and PC and flashed a huge smile. The smile was a beauty. She loves that old cat beast - he was plowing cat girls in the neighborhood for at last ten years that I know of until I got him trapped and neutered in the spring of 2017.

This morning I was out late to get to ShopRite for the muffin, grocery and beer run. It was after 8 a.m. when I fed the outside cats and Sad Face was missing again. The cats ate well.

When I pulled into the driveway at about 8:45 Sad Face was grazing the "leavings" from the mostly empty platters and feed dishes. As I got out of the car he began to mope down the driveway to do whatever he does for the day. I called to him and he stopped. I went up to him and rubbed his head and ears. I told him to stay put. I picked up my stuff to get to the side door and when I got there I laid everything down and tapped the back of my right thigh trying to tell him to come back up the driveway.

I went inside, dumped the beer and groceries and grabbed a can of cat food and a spoon to lay it out. I was moving quickly. When I went back outside Sad Face was sitting by an empty food platter and he was staring at me. I laid out his "private breakfast" and he ate well.

This evening while I was diddling the late races at Santa Anita it was going to get dark on Long Island and the wife fed the outside cats. And she got to rub up and pet Sad Face who ate well.

Post subject: Re: Sad Face The Cat Went Missing Again, Wooley, But...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:14 pm 

Sad Face...a very strange cat :?: Disappears winter days...to go..where ?:roll: where.there is little food on cold winter days :o

Post subject: Re: Sad Face The Cat Went Missing Again, Wooley, But...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:10 am 

Apparently he's got a flop and a good food source someplace else nearby.