The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Going To The VA Tuesday With No Holes In Me Involved
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:43 am 

An optometrist is going to check me out for my new "government glasses" that I have earned from giving years of my latter teen years to the United States Marine Corps in some bad places.

It's no big deal but I won't have an arm vein punctured for a blood lab or catch a huge catheter into a vein for saline and the immunotherapy cancer cocktail that keeps me upright and feeling well.

Those inconveniences will occur in the following week but the 3-week treatments that I have been doing since October of 2018 have me in good shape and my latest CT scan shows no sign of lung cancer or cancer anywhere else.

I was asked if I would consult with a cardio/thoracic surgical team about getting a piece of my left lung and some lymph nodes removed to be declared officially "cured" of cancer. I said, "Sure! Sign me up, I'm game."

I may already be cured of cancer - the consultation is just that for another opinion on how I'm doing. My medical bills so far have been $0.00. The medical care I have received from the VA at the Northport VA Hospital has been top notch. The oncologists are mostly from the nearby Stony Brook University Hospital and I am fortunate to be under their care.

Post subject: Re: Going To The VA Tuesday With No Holes In Me Involved
PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:41 pm 

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D