The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:55 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Tuxedo Started A Cat Ritual, Wooley
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:35 pm 

The black cat Tux with the white dot on his chest has always been friendly with humans, especially me. Even before he was trapped and neutered in the spring of 2017 he would trot up to me for pettings when I brought food out.

In nice weather I would sit on the side steps and Tux would waltz over to me for pettings and rubbings. He'd go between my legs, over my legs and noodge my sides with his head (eyes closed, tail straight up) while I worked him all over with my hands.

So what happened? A couple of years ago the orange tom Garfield thought that getting rubbed up and petted looked like a good deal so he joined Tux and me on the side steps for pettings and rubs. Shortly thereafter the small and shy Catty Patty ventured to the side steps and flopped in a pose of complete submission and I reached out to pet her. She liked being petted and having her head and ears rubbed. Recently the skittish small orange tom Bosco joined the mix and now I'm on the side steps rubbing and petting four cats all looking for attention and back rubs.

Now when I go out in the morning to gather and clean the dinner dishes and platters and water bowl before serving a great cat breakfast I have four cats doing figure-eights in and around around my legs - Tuxedo, Garfield, Catty Patty and Bosco. I pet them all and am thankful I haven't tripped over them yet and broken my old ass.

If I could, they'd all be house cats and be sleeping with me but three cats off the street before any of the outside cats were born have the home maxed out now.

Post subject: Re: Tuxedo Started A Cat Ritual, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:09 pm 

The FelineFamily ""love you and seek :) human contact. Likely you will eventually have to set aside

"petting intervals" for the FF! Life in a "restricted condo" with shelter, primo food and manicured grounds is great! :D