The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:49 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Old Huge Tom Sad Face & April 14th, Wooley
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:35 pm 

Years back I would feed Sad Face and back then he was an "intact" large tomcat. He'd eat here and be gentle with me but he'd be torn up from cat fights - bloody scratches and bites. But one thing is for certain. The three house cats here and all the outside cats have Sad Face as a father, grandfather or great grandfather. And maybe going back more generations.

In the spring of 2017 Sad Face got trapped on my property along with a bunch of other cats and got sent off to be neutered and returned. Cattrappers.org was working with me and so were some volunteer vets and vet students at no cost.

Barbara from the "cat trappers" told me that on a vet table in a cage Sad Face looked like a ferocious Godzilla cat to the vet and vet students. He was huge and wounded from fights. The vet got to him by the scruff and the cat sat down on the table as peaceful as can be. He never lashed out at anybody. Maybe because he knew me and had some trust with humans. I don't know. Sad Face was examined and easily sedated.

The cat's wounds were treated but he was held over for three days to have an abscess on a back leg drained and stitched. He was given his rabies shot, other shots and got loaded up with antibiotics before he got back here. His balls were missing but he was given a chance to live longer without bleeding with females out of his mind.

Fast forward to Tuesday morning April 14th, 2020 near 8 a.m. The regular crew of cats was eating a fine breakfast. Right behind them and sitting was the old good-looking tom Sad Face - no blood, no wounds, looking good. The wise old cat knew there was more food out than could be eaten and so he relaxed before he got off his haunches and moped up for a great breakfast.

I saw that old tomcat get over a fence two days ago. Sad Face is in great shape. I love the old bastard and so does the wife.

Post subject: Re: The Old Huge Tom Sad Face & April 14th, Wooley
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:59 am 

:D :D :D Likely "Sad Face" is not really "old".

Health care and neutering (Bravo!... cattrappers and the 1/4 poles extended his life.

Good food and "exercise" (non mating). Sad Face is fine :mrgreen: as long as he (continues) to avoid cars, dog, etc