The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Bride & Sad Face Today - Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:20 pm 

The beloved teen bride of 47 years (official now since we were married on 5/6/73) was driving down the block late this afternoon after a grocery trip to ShopRite. And there was Sad Face coming down the block on the sidewalk in his usual slow gait with the swagger.

I was upstairs all befuddled with a beer and Tampa Bay Downs. While the wife was unloading groceries from the car Sad Face moped a left onto our property. He walked by Colleen and sat by the side door. The cats out back trotted out of the garage to greet Sad Face with head noodges and walk-by side rubs (tails up). The groceries got into the house and shortly thereafter I came downstairs to fix a cat dinner. The wife had purchased a huge stack of canned tuna and chicken for the cats.

I laid out platters of different varieties of Friskies wet cat food and then brought out that huge stainless steel Great Dane feed bowl with tuna and chicken doused in warm water to make a great soup. The cats got on their dinner but not Sad Face.

Finally Sad Face got off his haunches and went up to the buffet for his dinner. He ate at every platter, got himself some chicken and tuna soup and then polished everything off with some kibble a and drink of fresh water.

That old street tom Sad Face knows the deal here and is still the feline king of the neighborhood. He allows his kids and grandchildren to eat first and I'm just happy I got him trapped and neutered three years ago. He's healthy and has a great easy personality.

Post subject: Re: The Bride & Sad Face Today - Oh Wooley!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:06 pm 

:D :D :D Smart cat!

FF got good genes! :mrgreen:
Last bumped by 1/4 Pole on Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:06 pm.