The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: More VA Wonders
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:19 pm 

I understand that after having my left side and back cut open in June to remove a hunk of lung and some lymph nodes as a precautionary measure after showing no signs of lung cancer after extensive treatment that some follow up would be involved.

I have a CAT scan scheduled for Wednesday, September 30th to scope me out for maybe to see if the C-devil is at bay or if it has grabbed me someplace else. Tissue samples from near my heart and left lung came up negative for cancer during the June surgery. I need to do CAT scans quarterly now to look for more cancer and I'm OK with that.

Come Tuesday I am scheduled for a videoconference with my VA hematology/oncology team a day prior to my CAT scan. I have no idea why they would want to talk to me a day prior to my CAT scan via my very expensive VA Verizon iPad thingy that I never needed. I have done no tests or exams with the VA oncology people since my June lung surgery via the referred private care. I got into my needed cataract surgeries before it was time to go play with cancer again.

I'll find out. I just hope Dr. Goldshani is on the video. She's young, wears tight sweaters and has a great rack.

Post subject: Re: More VA Wonders
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 pm 

US...best health care in the world... :!: maybe exception :roll: Switzerland

Post subject: Re: More VA Wonders
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:09 pm 

I am thrilled with the VA care I receive when I get down to the dedicated doctors for treatment with anything but the government horse shit, paper work and asshole hacks that push papers can bug the hell out of anybody.

My service record as a U.S. Marine regular from 1965 to 1969 entitles me to full-boat freebie health care from the VA. I was hurt and knowingly poisoned by my beloved Uncle Sam while serving as a teen volunteer when my nation was in a jam.

I have so many teenage Marine buddies dead before they got to be 20 years old. I'm fortunate to be upright at the age of 72.

But damn, the U.S. got so many of us poisoned with no Purple Hearts and we were left to have failing health decades later.