The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Lousy Long Island Snow Storm For Me And Some Cats
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:04 pm 

It snowed. And then it sleeted. And then it snowed some more. Where I live on Long Island it was about 5 inches but the snow blower wouldn't start and I couldn't hack through the "snow rock ice" with a shovel as an old fart with one lung and a half. I was able to clear some space by the side door, however to get warm water and food out to the cats.

We haven't seen old Sad Face in more than a week and fear that he may be gone. I laid out good cat food this morning. This evening I was able to lay out warm water, kibble and lots of warm cat food to Bosco, Garfield, Ginger and Nasty Mom. We haven't seen Catty Patty in two days and I pray that the storm didn't get her. She travels though and I think somebody nearby might be providing food and shelter. I hope so.

On the human side of the equation, my wife Colleen is recovering well from her double-bypass surgery and has refused for the 48th time since 1973 to cook me a Christmas goose, like Bob Cratchit had long ago.

This afternoon while I was diddling at Aqueduct the bride was napping in her bed with the momcat Mister Mittens all jammed up with her on one side and the huge tom son Trouble all scrunched up with her on the other side. The house cats here like Colleen a little bit and so do I.

Post subject: Re: Lousy Long Island Snow Storm For Me And Some Cats
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:47 am 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: