The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Cat Concerns & Wondering, Wooley
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:11 pm 

A beautiful black cat has been showing up outside these past few days now and again to eat. The five cats I shelter and feed outside have not attacked the cat but he or she stands off until the "colony" has eaten and gets good food. Looks like a male. The cat is too clean and robust to be a feral. He is a house cat "out" I am certain.

Three days ago a gorgeous long-haired orange cat showed up and that cat too is healthy and plump. I've seen the cat twice at meal time and I lay out lots of food. That cat is a house cat. The black cat and the orange long-hair are skittish when I approach them but I can tell they are hungry and that's OK. I lay out enough food and warm water to feed lots of cats.

My concern is that they were "dumped" and set loose by people that don't want them anymore. My neighbors know that I have cared for and sheltered the neighborhood feral cats since the spring, 2017 TNR (trap, neuter, return) campaign I undertook with the help of a volunteer "cat trapper" from a great organization. There were to be no more kittens to be splashed by cars or dead from neglect.

Five healthy adult neutered cats live out back and have a promised "contract for life" that I made to them and St. Francis. I'd hate to be pissed off thinking that people are dumping unwanted cats by my house because they think the wife and I are "crazy old cat ladies".

Post subject: Re: Cat Concerns & Wondering, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:12 am 

Hmmm...sad ....people move and abandon their pets. :oops: :evil: Happens alot. :shock: Very cold.

Abandoned cats... either..."heard about some chow" in the neighborhjood and found their way. Very sad. Abandoned house cats don't cope well with situation. Determine if MORE cats show up...then suspect dumping by ppl.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:44 pm 

Midnight the black cat and White Leg have been around a lot lately and I lay out extra food for them.

Meanwhile, from out back Catty Patty, Bosco and Garfield look to be very robust and healthy. Catty Patty the runt kitten has filled out to be the size of Nasty Mom (her grandmother) who still gallops across the street a couple of times a day to eat well. And yes, the gorgeous Ginger still comes around here to eat every day.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:47 pm 

:D :D :D