The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: JESUS H. CHRIST!, Wooley - Ginger Is Here!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:17 pm 

We haven't seen Ginger for maybe two months now but just when the nightcap at Saratoga went "official" the bride cried out, "Larry, Ginger is here!"

I raced downstairs from the man cave (faster than most of my horses at Saratoga today) and on the top step by the side door was Ginger. She and her mother Nasty Mom and her kids, Catty Patty and Garfield were waiting for a dinner and they caught a great meal plus extra food in case Ginger hadn't been eating well but she looked to be in good shape.

I don't know where she was and how she lived but I'm thinking somebody somewhere nearby fell in love with her like Colleen and I did and took good care of her.

Some years back before I trapped and neutered all the local cats Ginger and her sister Emily gave birth on the same day. Emily wouldn't care for her kittens and I found three alive trying to nurse on dirt with two dead. The three living kittens were near death. I cleaned them off and laid them into the cat condo where Ginger was nursing her three kittens.

Next morning I went out back to collect more dead kittens but there was Ginger with six kittens nursing with great vigor. She was grooming them all with great maternal love.

And that's why the wife and I are elated to see Ginger again. She's a helluva girl cat.

Post subject: Re: JESUS H. CHRIST!, Wooley - Ginger Is Here!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:37 pm 

WoW!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I remember...all..... :D :D :D

Post subject: Re: JESUS H. CHRIST!, Wooley - Ginger Is Here!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:26 pm 

And early on Friday morning the 23rd Ginger came over the fence for a breakfast. I laid out extra food so that she, Nasty Mom, Catty Patty and Garfield could have a great breakfast.

And later on White Leg showed up to gobble up the leftovers and that's OK. I don't ever want to see any "outside cat" go hungry.