The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Starbuckets Wins yesterday at Finger Lakes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:35 pm 

My 3yo had her 3rd start yesterday in a 6f maiden claimer. She went off as the favorite, which is usually the kiss of death. Not yesterday, she broke 4th and quickly moved up to the front. She was 1st by 2 at the top of the stretch and opened up her lead with CC Yang never putting the stick to her once. She won by 18 lengths. Starbuckets is out of my Storm Bird mare Fly My Bird with Lycius the sire.

Post subject: Re: Starbuckets Wins yesterday at Finger Lakes
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:11 pm 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
Congrats Jack :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 pm 

congrats John, since I was in PA I watched the replay today, after talking to Deb. The announcer got so excited that he called her "starpockets" :lol: once during the race

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:12 pm 

Congratulations Jack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:26 pm 

Nice score.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:06 pm 

1/8-pole wrote:
Nice score.

Actually I'm not used to the purse structure at Finger Lakes. This was a Maiden Claimer with a $9,200purse with a $7,500. Claiming Price.

60% to the winner $5,529. Then 10% to the trainer and 10% to the jockey leaves $4,429. to the owner(me) then the $1600. training bill at the end of every month leaves $3800. Now deduct the ferrier and vet , about $600. and I put $3200 in my horse account. :oops:

I miss racing at Belmont and Aqueduct for $45K-$50K purses. :o

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:33 pm 

Congrats, John.

Nobody roots for Spendo's runners like the Pole people.

If you keep sniffing after that man's runners you're going to land some nice winners.

DIXIE BOURBON will always be my favorite. That horse would pay you but more importantly, even in defeat that horse gave everything he had. DIXIE made being a fan easy and I was thrilled to hug him and show him some winning tickets one day. That was the day he withstood an Inquiry at Aqueduct when the stews thought the Mig hit an opponent with his whip. Mig told us not to worry - the other horse shied away when DIXIE blew by him. And he was right.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:30 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
Congrats, John.

Nobody roots for Spendo's runners like the Pole people.

If you keep sniffing after that man's runners you're going to land some nice winners.

DIXIE BOURBON will always be my favorite. That horse would pay you but more importantly, even in defeat that horse gave everything he had. DIXIE made being a fan easy and I was thrilled to hug him and show him some winning tickets one day. That was the day he withstood an Inquiry at Aqueduct when the stews thought the Mig hit an opponent with his whip. Mig told us not to worry - the other horse shied away when DIXIE blew by him. And he was right.

Dixie is buried on a farm in Chaplin CT. He had to be euthanized about 6-7 months ago. He had a nice life after his racing carreer was over, eating green grass and loved by all that came in contact with him.

Thank you for remembering him Larry.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 pm 

In the winner's circle DIXIE BOURBON stood like a calm pony that had not a care in the world and had just woken up from a long sleep.

Out on the track he raced like a horse on fire - win or lose.

One of his winner's circle photos hangs in the downstairs saloon and I am proud to have it.

The day DIXIE BOURBON wired the field out of the one-hole with Chucky Lopez up top at a mile and 70 over the Aqueduct inner I was at Potter's Pub. I told everybody there that DIXIE was money in the bank. Large George and Pissface Howie got together and had C-notes together on DIXIE win/place and $20 and $40 DDs going into the next race. These guys had money.

When the race was over there were a lot of shots of Irish in front of me as the barflies went wild. The beers were backed up.

John Spendolini and DIXIE BOURBON had me taking a cab home in a heap. Out and gone with the Chuckster at a number was DIXIE BOURBON that day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:26 pm 

Congrats jack. All best wishes for a bright future for Starbuckets!