The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Finally Got To Pet Nasty Mom, Wooley
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:23 am 

For years I have fed Nasty Mom. For years I have fed her daughter Ginger and her two surviving grandchildren Garfield and Catty Patty. For years Nasty Mom has stood off when I laid out food. Ten cats, twelve cats, no matter.

The best Nasty Mom has ever done is not run off when I walk by her to take out the garbage.

Several days ago I brought out lots of cat food and laid it down. But then and there I was petting Garfield and his sister Catty Patty. Nasty Mom was hungry and she came up to a feed bowl to eat.

I reached out to pet her. I was rubbing the back of her neck and she cringed with her head staring up to the sky. Her eyes were closed but she flashed some fangs and made some kind of cat noise. But her tail was straight up and she never tried to bite me or flash any claws.

I rubbed her back this morning while she was eating her breakfast. She just snarled at me without running off or looking to bite me.

I think we're becoming good friends after a lot of years.

Post subject: Re: Finally Got To Pet Nasty Mom, Wooley
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:33 am 

:shock: Congrats!!!! Quite a feat :o :P :) :)

Post subject: Re: Finally Got To Pet Nasty Mom, Wooley
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:00 pm 

Early this morning I came back from ShopRite with some groceries. I had done a blood lab at the VA clinic at 7 a.m. so I had fed the outside cats just after 6. It was shortly after 8 when I got home. The VA clinic is nearby in East Meadow.

Catty Patty trotted to the side steps and I knew what she wanted before I could unload the groceries. So I sat on the side steps with my hands out. Catty Patty "yipped" and "squeaked" while getting into me. I worked the rubs and pettings well.

And then Nasty Mom sauntered up the driveway slowly to graze at some kibble and breakfast leftovers. She was close by so I held out my hand to pet her while my other hand was petting her granddaughter Catty Patty.

Nasty Mom paused just a moment to give me a "F&*% off" look before slowly walking by for some food. She knew I was going to leave her alone and after a bunch of years here she had the deal called correctly. She had her second breakfast and sat down to groom herself and stare at me like I was some kind of flunky idiot. I think Nasty Mom has me profiled well.