The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Things At The House - Wires & Stuff
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:32 pm 

Plumbers have leaks in their homes. Carpenters have holes in their walls. Communications guys have "jury rigs" and jumpers to make telephone and computer cable get to all over the house. Never on a paid job, though. That's me and all plumbers and carpenters.

The wife is doing laundry this evening. The 1947 D-mark (termination) for telephone service is on the ceiling of the basement above the washer and dryer. Over the years I have it jerked around with jumpers and serious "twisties" to keep it going beyond the original one line with the circuits I have laid in.

The wife is doing laundry tonight. All of the phone service has disappeared.

All of the things I made happen years ago with jumpers and splices are gone.

The wife is pissed that the dial tone has gone away and I dont remember what goes where with a load on.

I am pissed that she has to wave her goddamn underwear in the air to do laundry. Nothing I had going was anywhere near 6 and a half feet off the floor and she's 5 foot 6.

She tells me that I have never pulled stuff out of the dryer.

I do many loads of laundry a week and have never seen it as a good deal to scrape the clean stuff along the ceiling and I'm almost 6 feet tall. I told her to leave the goddamn ceiling alone. If she wants to wave something overhead she should be running around the neighborhood with the American Flag, not her drawers in the basement.

We had words.

I thought about going upstairs and loading up the Colt .45 pistol but then figured it was a just a boy/girl thing so I gave her a quick flash and ran away.

Mister Mittens was sitting calmly up against a wall and she enjoyed the entire show.