SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: New York Horse Rescue lady arrested
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:45 am 

Stirring up an old pot here...

From Newsday 8/26/10..

A Manorville horse farm operator was arrested and charged with animal cruelty for euthanizing dogs improperly and without a veterinarian's license, and with endangering the welfare of children by destroying the animals in the presence of two minors, the Suffolk SPCA said.

Mona Kanciper, 48, who operates a horse farm at 15 South St., was arraigned on the charges Wednesday in First District Court, Central Islip.

Roy Gross, chief of the Suffolk SPCA, said a search warrant at Kanciper's home uncovered the remains of horses, euthanasia drugs and syringes.

Kanciper was next scheduled to appear in First District Court on Oct. 5.

The SPCA first said that Kanciper had been arrested for euthanizing dogs and horses, but later said she was only investigated on the horse charges.

Post subject: Re: New York Horse Rescue lady arrested
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:11 pm 

She is a bitch. I remember Golden Tent. The crook took the money and then killed the horse...said he had "EPM". ...two weeks after his retirement. I emailed her after "she killed Golden Tent"...got a fake reply MONTHS later.
She should go to jail. Another fraud.
Vulture wrote:
Stirring up an old pot here...

From Newsday 8/26/10..

A Manorville horse farm operator was arrested and charged with animal cruelty for euthanizing dogs improperly and without a veterinarian's license, and with endangering the welfare of children by destroying the animals in the presence of two minors, the Suffolk SPCA said.

Mona Kanciper, 48, who operates a horse farm at 15 South St., was arraigned on the charges Wednesday in First District Court, Central Islip.

Roy Gross, chief of the Suffolk SPCA, said a search warrant at Kanciper's home uncovered the remains of horses, euthanasia drugs and syringes.

Kanciper was next scheduled to appear in First District Court on Oct. 5.

The SPCA first said that Kanciper had been arrested for euthanizing dogs and horses, but later said she was only investigated on the horse charges.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:23 pm 

Just saw Monica on the 6 o'clock news. I was out at the farm to see Golden Tent after Contessa claimed him out of a Philly race for rescue. I always thought something was fishy when the horse was dead within two weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:48 pm 

No surprise. Another amoral trash...that was the first and last rescue I donated to except for National organizations... TRF...Canter...Old Friends.

Date: June 03, 2002 at 19:04:32
Subject: Re: Golden Tent reply from NYHR

I e-mailed NYHR.
Hi Reese,
I know that the message boards have been gossiping about Golden Tents death. Only one person has called me to talk about GTs death and you are the only person who has emailed.

Golden Tent had bilateral hind leg lameness which progressed in severity over a week...until he was paralyzed and euthanized. Unfortunately, GT was hit hard by this disease which does usually strike younger horses. Who know why...perhaps he had a compromised immune system, perhaps it was just genetics, or stress. It is sad that it had to happen to GT, a horse that so many people seemed to love and admire.

And, to respond to your comment about the funds raised to help GT...we raised about $6000...all of which went to only Golden Tent and that includes the claim.

Just fyi, there is a mutant paralytic strain of this virus that has been turning up lately. Several high level competition horses in MD (not racehorses) have been killed already. Dr. Sarah Ralston issued a press release last month regarding this disease. This disease strikes quickly and there is usually no recovery, nor is there any vaccine.

I hope that this answers your concerns. It is heartbreaking for so many of us when something like this happens.
Mona
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2002 2:28 PM
To: mona@nyhr.org
Cc: ledonner@attbi.com
Subject: Golden Tent death

I contributed to GT's retirement and have been a fan of his for years.

How is it that Golden tent was killed because he had equine degenerative myeloencethalophathy a disease from what I read usually attacks young horses. Surely, Golden Tent didn't have this disease since he raced in 118 races, most recently in March.

Pardon me if I'm skeptical as to the real cause of GT death.
It seems any "old" horses "rescued" die shortly thereafter.

Iron Gavel comes to mind. I know, he broke his leg.
I'm sure you do rescue horses, but I can't help but wonder if all the donations for GT "underwrite" other expenses, and an old gelding like GT is deemed too much work/expense to rehabilitate, especially after all the cash for GT has been collected.

1/4 Pole wrote:
Just saw Monica on the 6 o'clock news. I was out at the farm to see Golden Tent after Contessa claimed him out of a Philly race for rescue. I always thought something was fishy when the horse was dead within two weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 am 

and you guys wondered why i flew the coop right after GTs death... oh the things i know.... UGH all io can say is KARMA has prevailed what i did for GT was from my heart but was outta my hands when he was in her barn....I was the one who headed the rescue and mona didnt even give me the curtiousy of letting me know he died, imagine how i felt when the press started calling, that was the last straw with her and I.....I am so glad i got out after that, like i said, i know too much for my own good. And i am not talking, unless i have to....