The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Good Old Election Day
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:46 am 

I promised myself that I would back no NY incumbents regardless of party but my state senator's opponent got arrested yesterday. I have lost track of all the NY pols that are doing time, have been arrested or are under indictment or investigation.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/09/ ... -arrested/

Post subject: Re: Good Old Election Day
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:18 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
I promised myself that I would back no NY incumbents regardless of party but my state senator's opponent got arrested yesterday. I have lost track of all the NY pols that are doing time, have been arrested or are under indictment or investigation.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2010/09/ ... -arrested/

what about the pols who live in subsidized housing or have relatives who live off handouts and welfare years after being thrown out of the country?? The field narrows further..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:45 pm 

it's not that difficult to figure why so many people have just given up and don't bother voting, since there is almost never a real choice. the game is rigged by the very groups that try to give the appearance of being in competition, when in truth they are both aligned against us.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:26 pm 

TheFlagIsUp wrote:
it's not that difficult to figure why so many people have just given up and don't bother voting, since there is almost never a real choice. the game is rigged by the very groups that try to give the appearance of being in competition, when in truth they are both aligned against us.

Nevertheless, it's best to vote a newbie in and let them find a way to screw things up, rather than vote for the same person who's already screwed things up tenfold.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:57 pm 

Jeebs wrote:
TheFlagIsUp wrote:

Nevertheless, it's best to vote a newbie in and let them find a way to screw things up, rather than vote for the same person who's already screwed things up tenfold.

you mean a newbie like the Messiah?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:52 pm 

lukeydog wrote:
Jeebs wrote:
TheFlagIsUp wrote:

you mean a newbie like the Messiah?

I voted for him, and I'm disappointed. It's very difficult to type this but he really fooled me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:12 pm 

[
I voted for him, and I'm disappointed. It's very difficult to type this but he really fooled me.[/quote][/quote]

Obama won becasue he was the lesser of two evils... people I know that voted for him did so becasue the Rep had a old version of Bush and a dimwit as their candidates. No other reason.

The game is rigged. A person cannot even get on the slate as a city/state rep w/o alot of money behind them...and a lot of favors to replay.