The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: September 7th Cat Update
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm 

I have been in touch with the North Shore Animal League and they will accept two kittens for a nominal donation of just $10 per kitten but I have to wait until they have room and contact me. Don't call us, we'll call you? I hope not - they did ask for a D.O.B. and their markings and other info however. I'd rather have them adopted by people I know but it is what it is.

For the Momcat I'm setting up an appointment for next week for a complete checkup, shots, and spaying - an ovariohysterectomy according to my Cats For Dummies book. Dr. Wallach has been a local practicing DVM for many years and has a sterling reputation. At 6 months I can have Trouble "deballed" but I'll also need to have him vaccinated and examined before then.

The bride frightened the hell out of me last night by saying she thought that Mister Mittens looked knocked up again. She has gotten loose several times over the past 9 weeks but never for more than an hour and always during the day. Both the staff at North Shore and at Dr. Wallach's office informed me that it was highly unlikely that she would be in season while nursing or would mate with a tomcat while caring for kittens. I'm thinking she just isn't skinny anymore because she eats well now, isn't being sucked dry by the kittens and sleeps most of the day. At least I hope so.