The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Cat Care
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:41 am 

This morning I bought a new ASPCA-approved pet carrier, another 20 pounds of cat litter, another litter box and cat food. When I served a breakast of wild duck, tuna, white fish and prime beef cuts of beef with a side of 2% milk to wash it all down I explained to the Momcat and her three kittens that taking care of them was starting to interfere with my drinking and gambling. All four cats jumped for joy and mewed with great happiness.

On a serious note, cats require a minimum of care and do quite well just playing and hanging out with each other. They will only interact with you on their terms and they let you know it. If you leave them alone with decent places to sleep and plenty of toys and perches by a window they don't wreck your house or bother you at all.

Post subject: Re: Cat Care
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:26 pm 

In the late afternoon I am happy to report that the new litter box is attracting multitudinous amounts of happy and healthy cat cakes.

All of the cats are staring at the ceiling and crying with joy as they move their bowels in the new litter box.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:22 am 

Larry let me get this straight..You went from being a dog lover to taking in a feral cat who had kittens and is now known as Mister Mittens? The cat colony inside your house has exploded to at least 4...? SO far so good? I am also going to assume the cats may be of different genders?? WHich brings me to the last and most important question? Will you soon be sponsoring an HBO special on Cat Houses? what is the little fella takes a liken to his sisters or perish the thought MOM??

I get the feeling you may be in a CATATONIC state before long.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 am 

I took in a young pregnant cat about to burst into labor. Now I have turned into a feline social worker. I didn't look for this mess, I'm just dealing with it via adoptions and doing the right thing for some helpless creatures. The ones I keep are set to be neutered upon sexual maturity (6 months). The Momcat gets her goods removed later this month.