The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Down to Walmac Farm or The Archie Bunker Complaint Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:15 pm 

I decided to get Light Classic down to Walmac before I missed breeding season altogether. I have a breeding season contract to Ten Pins(by Smart Strike). Couldn't find anyone willing to go along so I went solo. Left at 11AM Sunday morning from my farm here in Connecticut and arrived at Walmac Monday at 10AM. 16 hours driving with no one to help. I left instructions to do whatever is necessary to get her in foal. This is my first breeding to a Kentucky Stallion and very well might be my last. If we don't do better in the next year or two I may throw in the towel with horseracing. I'm getting tired of struggling to meet the horse bills every month, training, vet bills, shoeing and racing supplies.

Last edited by Jack on Sun May 24, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Down to Walmac Farm in Lexington
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:43 pm 

Is the baby going to be a Boat ???

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 pm 

The New York taxpayers will welcome a new foal into the state after being sired somewhere else.

The NY breeding farms are down for several years and the Slow Breds are welcome.

The New York taxpayers, who float millions each and every year to keep NYRA in business, are simply thrilled to send out checks to out-of-state connections that have the Van Scam working.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:30 pm 

Rants aside, Belmont had a 5X4 early DD going today.

I remember a 10X12 but I'm an old fart who dribbles a lot and needs help getting his socks on.

The people, the money, and the horses are just not there anymore.

Somebody pointed out earlier today that nobody was going to to carry any weight in the Metropolitan Handicap.

Of course not. This is not a horse game now. In New York it's a 'pretend game' and a Slow Bred game.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:48 am 

1/4 Pole wrote:
The New York taxpayers will welcome a new foal into the state after being sired somewhere else.

The NY breeding farms are down for several years and the Slow Breds are welcome.

The New York taxpayers, who float millions each and every year to keep NYRA in business, are simply thrilled to send out checks to out-of-state connections that have the Van Scam working.

Same old tired complaint's. Same two posters doing the complaining. Heard it dozens of times.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:52 pm 

Jack wrote:
1/4 Pole wrote:

Same old tired complaint's. Same two posters doing the complaining. Heard it dozens of times.

Is all true as well.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:00 pm 

1/8-pole wrote:
Jack wrote:
1/4 Pole wrote:

Is all true as well.

Thank you for that eloquent statement. It must have taken a lot of thought. :roll:

Last edited by Jack on Fri May 22, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:03 pm 

Jack, wish I would have known. Could have helped you with the driving. Live here in Connecticut, so a trip would have been fun. Best of luck with Light Classic.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:48 pm 

Dejedquest wrote:
Jack, wish I would have known. Could have helped you with the driving. Live here in Connecticut, so a trip would have been fun. Best of luck with Light Classic.

Well its certainly nice to know there's another person here in Connecticut that follows Thoroughbred Racing 8-) I also travel to upstate NY once in a while. Having company is always nice. Jack.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:42 am 

Cmon Jack

No one faults you for taking the Money . I'm glad to see Guys like you get the Money . if I was Going Back into Racing , I would take the Money and Haul Horses from Arkansas or Mexico [ Do they Need to Sneak In ? ] or Even Maine if it meant getting ten times normal purse value.

The Problem is as Sadly Stated , The Same Old Story . I used to Admire the NY Racing Industry as the Best in the Country where No one could match the Class and Quality . Now It Runs Horses who couldn't openly compete in Pennsylvania and Uses Taxpayer supplements to Pay them like they are Running in Stakes. 3/4 of the Stakes Races run across the nation do not pay the Summer Purse that a NY Bred gets in a State MDN Affair ??

It should really bother us FANS that have told the same old Story for close to a decade with no change in the Story . I would expect folks who cash in to not like a Fans Comment . But it Is What it is .

Why Folks expect that Fans that Saw what Was and now See What Is wouldn't Scream on a New York Racing Chat is beyond me . the only Positive comments I ever hear about the NY bred Program come From Folks Milking the Cow or Politicians Milking the Public or the NYRA Execs and Crew getting Paid from the MilkMan. The Fans Get to Drink all the Sour Milk

So Honestly Take the Money

Just Don't Expect folks to Whoop te Do about being Fleeced.

My Daddy and Grandaddy Told Me and My Dumb Butt Didn't Listen . Racing is the Sport Of Kings . It Is Paid For By Folks Who can Throw Millions Away . Your Chances of Buying Horses and Making Money without Tons of Money are very very Slim . After I spent 10's of thousands I couldn't Afford to get minutes of Pleasure , I finally Figured out what Daddy and grand daddy were talking about . Nothing has changed

Nothing Wrong with a Dream

Something Definately Wrong with Broke Taxpayers keeping the Dream Alive . But Hey not too Worry , soon the Fat Slot mommas will be Footing the Bill and the Broke Taxpayers will Still be Broke But with HOPE Spread By the Blind One . [ Probably wil Copy an Oblabbah Speech ]