The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Midterm Elections
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:55 am 

As a lifelong I have finally reached the point of "I can't take it anymore"......maybe the Republicans have bad ideas, but at least I know what they stand for. These Democrats so deserve a thumping. I don't have the slightest idea what they stand for or why they deserve a vote. They just don't have any courage.

Post subject: Re:democracy bought and paid for
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:10 pm 

At heart I should be a democrat but they are not for the people with all of their transgressions of the moral law. Just this week the democrats wanted to put abortion mills on military bases; they want to remove each repercussion of the immoral life which only leads to a morally bankrupt society. The moral law is the only protection the poor will ever have. When the moral law is broken it is always the poor that pay for it first. You can see the results of unbridled abortions and contraception on the poor in mid-twentieth century places like Harlem and Detroit.

Republicans are not for the people either but the way the system is set up as a catch 22. The republicans are looking to set up welfare for the rich but throw a bone to the people by securing their moral protections. The democrats throw a bone to the less fortunate by providing government support but consistently subvert the population with immoral subversion.

This is why I believe in a benevolent monarchy to be the best form of government. Plato was right about democracy 3,000 years ago; it always leads to anarchy which always leads to tyranny. We are on the cusp of tyranny. This is why the Greeks abandoned antiquated democracy thousands of years ago. Too bad the Americans and French revived the vestige of the past in the 18th century.

Post subject: Re: Midterm Elections
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:13 pm 

I'm starting to think that Democracy goes into the crapper when there are more hands out than hands working and the folks dependent on government largesse vote.

This what we see in New York now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:28 pm 

If I still lived in NY, I would not vote for ONE single incumbent, it will take the new guy awhile to figure out how to steal enough to make it worth his while.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:45 pm 

Saw Charles Schumer SUnday at Cow Harbor Day in Northport. He was out grabbing and shaking anything he could get his hands on..I stood about 12 inches away and asked my teenager daughter if she knew who he was...SHe said of course Dad he used to be a democratic senator from NY now he is just a scared senator afraid of being too close to Obama..Damn I wish someone fed me the ez lines..He heard the whole dicsussion he could not have been more angry. A bunch of folks were laughing..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm 

I was watching one of those fake news shows where they have a Demon & a Repube and they were talking about tax cuts and voting prior to elections. The Demon said that they weren't going to vote on the tax cut for $250K and under in the house because Republicans in the Senate will not allow a vote. I thought to myself, whatever happened to voting for what you believe in and letting the chips fall where they may. I've voted for 2 Republicans in my entire voting life, but I have never had to guess where they stand or what they were going to do when they got into power. Further, I'll give them credit for doing and voting when they get there, regardless of the consequence. Dems need a good ass kicking to make them realize they are there for more than just keeping their jobs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:28 pm 

Come January 1st we're going to see the largest tax increases in U.S. history.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:14 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:

That is becasue "few" have jobs that support a family modestly. Someone has to pay to support the jobless, homeless, the disenfranchised, the poor, the illegals.

No one want to tell the truth...the US GAVE AWAY our hedgemony. Greedy corporations began "outsourcing" manufacturing in the 70's. The Japanese cars "killed Detroit" becasue they made a "better car" in Japan and banned US manufacturers of ANYTHING from exporting to Japan.

Then came Nixon opening up "dialogue with China". Followed by Reagan, Bush and Clinton pushing "economic free zones of trade" with China. Enter NAFTA and the sound of whoosh...millions of manufacturing jobs leaving US. All this time we BOUGHT THE CHEAP GOODS manufactured in China by "unregulated corporate trade" with China.
Walmart is to thank for that. Name one item w/o a "made in China tab"?

Add the outsourcing mania of the 90's/20's and hello...there are NO JOBS for US citizens left.

No one in the gov't wants to tell the truth. They all..DEM/REP pretend that "small businesses are adding jobs...like diners and luncheonettes.. Corporations shed more jobs daily.

Corporate America sold off our future. The US is rapidly becoming a 3rd world country.

No middle class left...those well paying manufacturing jobs gone 20/30 years ago.
Even the internet and the communication explosion provided jobs that were eventually outsourced to... INDIA. Ever call Dell for service?

Who is to blame? The gov't encouraged "free trade" and the corporations were happy to close manufacturing, distrubution facilities, etc., and send all to CHINA!!!!

With no economic base left to support gov't/local organizations...schools, hospitals, etc all have eliminated jobs and services.
My friend is a RN with a job. Has a BS and a Masters in nursing. And a Masters in Nursing Admin. She is the second nurse that told me..."even nurses are having trouble finding jobs". Another relative-in-law is out of work as a dental ass't. No money to pay for teeth, braces etc if no jobs.

Meanwhile, we fight TWO wars that cost billions a day. Why are we in Iraq and Afganistan?
Interesting, only 2 members of Congress, at last notice, had children fighting in those wars.
Gee, wonder why?

It is "all-over Jonny".
China will dominate the world in 2100 and take up fending off the "Mongol hordes" like they did in the 11th century.
We won't be around becasue the Islamic countries will eventually drop a bomb on the US. Only a matter of when. Look at the facts. That despot from Iran is already blaming the US for 9/11 . Anyone read his "speech" at the UN?

What are we going to do now? Invade Iran? How about N. Korea?

The fact that Americans have any voice in their gov't is pure bs.
Our gov't has become as corrupt India or Nigeria.
The objective is to get elected...to any position of power and influence, and the goal is to stay there...fovever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:22 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:

good....!! We can't afford tax cuts now. People at the top aren't going to suffer with 3% added and I never saw mine go down anyway. On the other hand, I don't mind tax cuts, but not if they add to a deficit. Tell me what is going to be cut that is equal to that amount, and you convince me. otherwise it's a scam by one generation perpetrated onto another.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:25 pm 

Flag, with manufacturing gone the middle class has nowhere to go except down while Big Government keeps expanding to provide for the "have nots".

Is that what you want? That scenario is unsustainable. Just look at our home state.