The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: The Social Network
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:38 pm 

You have to see this. Lay off a couple saver bets and go to this movie. If you've blinked in the last little while, you may not have realized that Mark Zuckerburg is the youngest self-made billionaire ever. The Social Network is part-biopic, part Horatio Alger story, part sociological study of the culture that incubated a gargantuan success within only the last five years. Great entertainment, memorable lines, a lot of humor and a lot of money (not so different from New York Racing Board).

Here's a link to the official trailer: http://www.thesocialnetwork-movie.com/

Here's a mind-boggling fact from that site: "One third of US women 18-34 check Facebook when they first wake up."
That's one in three.

If nothing more, you can see what we're missing figuring out the pick 4.

I went thinking it would be a pastime, saw the film and thought it would fade away in my mind like any so-so film. Three days later I'm still thinking about it. Go see.

Last edited by E78th on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Social Network
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 pm 

I know chicks that look at facebook almost all day on a smart phone. One second you are talking to them the next second they are looking down ignoring you. It is like some mental masturbation device from Brave New World.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 am 

Location: The middle of SOMEWHERE or Wisconsin as it's known to the rest of the world
OMG that makes this board "MY FACEBOOK" :oops:
I've been known to log in before I go to work in the morning. What does that say about my priorities :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:52 am 

Samyn wrote:
I know chicks that look at facebook almost all day on a smart phone. One second you are talking to them the next second they are looking down ignoring you. It is like some mental masturbation device from Brave New World.

indeed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:46 pm 

Barbara Stanwyck said in a movie once "Don't you know a moonlit deck is a woman's business office?"
Maybe it's a PDA now, but the business is the same: prime marrying age women are still angling for those most available bachelors, and they are as crafty as any pick 6 player.

I think I've told you all this before, but once while I was working on 6th Ave I had an office mate acquaintance who was a Rothschild. He was a much bigger producer than me so I was both a little surprised and flattered when he dropped by my desk and asked me as a favor to walk him out to a car he had waiting at the corner. When we got outside, I understood why he needed a wing man: in the space of 60 yards, he was approached by 4 different women. I'd never seen such a thing before.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:31 pm 

:lol: LOLOLOLLLLLLLL :lol:

Last edited by Grits on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:34 pm 

E78th, there's nothing on earth more bold than a young, a middle aged, or an older woman today who is looking for a "sponsor." Rothschild figured to be a pretty good one. Its kinda sad if you stop to think about it.