The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Texas Rangers Team to Beat in AL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:14 pm 

Looked to me like Both the Yanks and Tampa Backed in to Playoffs this year with a lot of dead arms and low Hits in the last Month . Rangers appear Young / Fresh and Fired Up . National Looks like Phillies are on their Game

Rangers / Phillies Series looks like a strong Possibility

Post subject: Re: Texas Rangers Team to Beat in AL
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 pm 

As an old Marine and even an older Brooklyn fan I would be cheering the Taliban Nine All Stars to beat the Yankees.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:18 pm 

Really? Yorker and Pole rooting against the defending AND 27 time world champion NEW YORK YANKEES? I'm shocked!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:26 pm 

The $$$ team blows dead dogs with the Drug-Rod.

At least in the 50s and early 60s you could tip your cap to them for being a decent club with good men and a good bunch of ballplayers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:01 pm 

Nah Big Bird . They Just Look Tired , Bad News Sabathia Has Been Hitting Dunkin Donuts Too Often . Good News , He got a Great Future at NYPD when His Baseball Days are Over .

Don't See anyone Beating the PHils . Best starting Pitching since the Glavin , Smoltz and Maddux Days

Have to Beat Halliday three Times ? Ain't Happening

Lets not even talk about A Droid . Maybe they make a Great Trade Off Season A DROID for LongBoria . All Know that Beltre is the 3rd base King Now

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:02 pm 

Some pretty witty remarks from you there Yorker. CC can be a cop cause he's hitting DD. haha yes pretty good material, which you've had quite a while to work on since your Red Sux didn't do diddly this year. Listen, I'll take all slights at A-Roid cause u guys got BIG POP A PILL who performed more like busted rubber at the end of the year.

And as for the best starting pitching since Glavine, Smoltz & Maddox, bring them on. I seem to recall the Yanks whipping those southern boys TWICE to add to the greatest living dynasty in the history of sports. :D :D :D :D :D

Pole, I can't even get at ya buddy. U suffered the unkindest cut of all when your team ran out on you. I guess that's y the name DEM BUMS seems to agree with them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:06 pm 

1/4 Pole wrote:
The $$$ team blows dead dogs with the Drug-Rod.

At least in the 50s and early 60s you could tip your cap to them for being a decent club with good men and a good bunch of ballplayers.

Blowing dead dogs? when did we start talking about the Mets????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:23 pm 

Did the famous Atlanta triplets win more than once? Speaking of dead arms..Just a bit of a fact left out of the playoff mania..The Yanks might have coasted but they won 96 games and played against three teams better than the Rangers. The Rangers have been playing 500 ball since end of July and limp in with their stud Hamilton back all of 4 days from an injury that took him off the field for a month. Yes the Yankmees are old and true I am a met fan but until someone KO's them it is hard to think they are not going to have a chance to defend their title. The AL is slightly weaker this year but is still the champs until someone beats em. I think the Giants can take out the Phillies.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:06 pm 

Texas looks good so far, but Philly is going to be tough to beat.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:45 pm 

suffolk otb wrote:
Lincecum vs. Halliday will make a very nice Game 1 pitching match in the NLCS.....as will Lee vs CC in the ALCS.

Cain and Oswalt Zito and Hamels all look close..Like the Giants here.