The Original NY Racing Community
SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Re: Texas Rangers Team to Beat in AL
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:32 pm 

No Crush By Texas in Game 2

Still Say Yankee Starters are a Bunch of Tired Arms . Lee will Be the Decider once again in Whether the Yanks Go Furthur .

Still Looking at Phils / Rangers World Series in my book

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:51 pm 

I was happy for Texas in game #2 as I despise the Yankees. It's from a thing I caught in Brooklyn as a little boy at Ebbets Field.

I will admit however that the Yanks have put out the best teams in my lifetime, no doubt about it.

Brooklyn beat them in '55 but the 1953 Brooklyn team was one of the best clubs that ever got on a field and the Bronx crumbuns still beat them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:22 pm 

I'm Sure the Rangers are SCAAARED of those Yankee Starters !! LOL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:55 pm 

Game 4 Burnett ??? They are Kidding Right ? Where is Tubby Tonight ?

Odds on No Runs in First Inning to Texas 1-1 on Zero , 4-5 on 1. 10-1 on 5 or More , Vegas won't sell 2,3or 4 Too Risky a Bet LOL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:41 pm 

Geez Texiera pulls a Hamstring and Befor he Can Get Taped cashman Talking Injury Replacement . CMon Cashman Show a Little Class .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:01 am 

Yorker wrote:
Geez Texiera pulls a Hamstring and Befor he Can Get Taped cashman Talking Injury Replacement . CMon Cashman Show a Little Class .

Not that it matters but Cashman is SUPPOSED to talk injury replacement..They have a day game and their first basemen tore his hamstring..Too bad the Cubs have already named their manager. If I were the Yankee front office I would send Girardi their for a dinner at Gibsons...No understanding on how he let the Rangers off the hook in Game 2 by starting Hughes over Petitite...Andy against Lee was NEVER a good idea..The Rangers collpase in Game 1 would have worked brilliantly for Andy in game 2 the nonsense of lefty righty lefty is nonsense...AJ being on the hill in inning 6 was the worst possible move you could make in a must win game..He gave you 5 innings and you had Joba ready..The Yankees lose this series because their manager SUCKS he was the 2nd best manager in NY and the best was fired a month ago..That is not saying much because Manuel will never get another job...If I am Hank 3 things change immediately...Lee celebrates his WS victory and than takes a plane to his press conference in NY..a no brainer...secondly Girardi gets reassigned..His bench coach becomes the manager...and last but not least trade Joba and resign Wood..get a young SS that can hit and lead off..Jeter will never finish his contract on the field he is classy and a winner but his bat has slowed down and his legs will soon follow..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 am 

lukeydog wrote:
Yorker wrote:

Not that it matters but Cashman is SUPPOSED to talk injury replacement..They have a day game and their first basemen tore his hamstring..Too bad the Cubs have already named their manager. If I were the Yankee front office I would send Girardi their for a dinner at Gibsons...No understanding on how he let the Rangers off the hook in Game 2 by starting Hughes over Petitite...Andy against Lee was NEVER a good idea..The Rangers collpase in Game 1 would have worked brilliantly for Andy in game 2 the nonsense of lefty righty lefty is nonsense...AJ being on the hill in inning 6 was the worst possible move you could make in a must win game..He gave you 5 innings and you had Joba ready..The Yankees lose this series because their manager SUCKS he was the 2nd best manager in NY and the best was fired a month ago..That is not saying much because Manuel will never get another job...If I am Hank 3 things change immediately...Lee celebrates his WS victory and than takes a plane to his press conference in NY..a no brainer...secondly Girardi gets reassigned..His bench coach becomes the manager...and last but not least trade Joba and resign Wood..get a young SS that can hit and lead off..Jeter will never finish his contract on the field he is classy and a winner but his bat has slowed down and his legs will soon follow..

All Kidding aside , I agree that Joe made a lot of Blunders in His strategy but is still the Best Manager the Yankees could have .

Truthfully look back to the season and the last 2 dozen games and its clear that the Starting Pitching was Tired . I think , With Maybe Petite as exception Joe Knew he was looking at Tired arms .

I don't see any miracle comeback .

Going to take a lot of moves for both Yankees and Red Sox to stay on Top . Actually expect a changing of the guard over the next few years and some across the board parity in the AL East . Will be good for Baseball

Cliff will stay with the Rangers if they win the series. Its not all about money for this Arkansas Guy .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:19 am 

There is such a thing as the other team has performed better. Clearly the Rangers have thus far been the better team. The stats of 2 strike hits and average with runners in scoring position is all that needs to show who's clearly been superior so far.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:41 pm 

The Yankees signing Lee is as certain as death and taxes regardless of what happens to Texas...Lee hates the hot weather and was totally bummed when he got sidetracked from the Bronx in July..He is a YANKEE for certain. Joe Girardi is a buffoon. Throwing what may have been his best big game pitcher in game 3 was a HUGE tactical error. managing the Yankees requires the manager to have a tact and attention to detail that Joe is lacking in..CC ain't tired he will show up today..Joe didnt manage the team to the divsion and homefield because he knew his players were dragging.They are old and face significant challenges due to Yankee Pride. Jeter does not deserve a big money multi year deal but he is the consummate Yankee and will be tied down for his remaining career in da Bronx...Three guys need to go Burnett and Posada for sure...Cervelli is not an every day guy and is not Jorge's replacement.They need a major upgrade or a stud from the farm system to step up..Mitre Joba and Robertson need to go and Woods needs to stay..If they could lose Burnett and Vasquez and get something to replace any of the other spots they should do that along with dumping Berkmann and Kearns..One thing for certain next year's Yankees will be favored to win the east because they are the Yankees.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:50 pm 

A droid for LongBoria

See The Difference Today in the AL East is that They All are Pointers and Whiners

A Droid Bat in an 0 fer 13 Clip And When His Pitcher turns to Watch one go Out , The Droid is Shaking His Head and Hiding His Face . Every Pitch To Him Gets a Reaction

Sadly I see Boston No Different With The King of Whiner Crew Being Tampa . More 4 Letter Words On Almost Every Pitch that The Think.

Watch How the Rangers Take The Game in Stride , No Freak outs when Umps Go Wrong Way . Ron Washington does a Fabulous Job of Keeping Them Classy .

The Old Yankees I remember Just Plain Would Beat You Bad , Never Whine or Blame , Just Beat You

This Team is Not Like That

I Still Think A Rod is Poison To Team Spirit .

What happened to the Paul Oneill Type . Say Nothing And Just Plain BEAT you !!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next