SARATOGA - Racing Since 1863
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Links: Handicapping | General Racing Discussion | Off Topic | Photo Forum
 Post subject: Paladino To Sell OTB
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:53 am 

http://paladinoforthepeople.com/home.php

Quote:
I will examine and privatize management of state assets and functions - like the OTB - that have no business being run by government anyway. The profits after management fees, of course, would remain government revenue.

Post subject: Re: Paladino To Sell OTB
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:41 am 

Paladino is speaking what is on his mind and being brutally honest about his views. I wish more politicians were like that. Paladino has my respect and my vote. Unfortunately, politics is not always about being forthright with the public. The media is eating it up to boost King Andrew and bury Carl, and NY Republicans are turning white with embarrassment. It's a shame, because Paladino would probably at least try to make positive change.

Some food for thought...

Ever think that there are probably a large number of gay people who are also embarrassed by what they see in some of these parades too?

Think about it. Most gay people keep a low profile and want the same things straight people want. Not every gay person wants to put on a speedo and dance down the street in public view. Like most groups of people it's the "extremes" who get all the attention.

How do I know this? Well, I know and have friends and relatives who are gay. Many also believe that these outlandish displays do more harm than good. And to think that all gay people think and act the same is a bit whacked too. Straight people are certainly different.

And not every gay person wants marriage equality either. They are just drowned out by the more vocal faction.

One more thing. Wouldn't a gay pride parade (for the most part) freak the average kid out? In other words, it would probably do the opposite of any positive "brainwashing" into the gay lifestyle.

That is, if you think people actually choose to be gay. Human sexuality is a bit more complex than that.

Hopefully we can all get back the real issues facing most New Yorkers too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:55 am 

I would never take my kids or grandchildren to a parade that celebrates homosexuality and I'm not thrilled that I keep having that lifestyle thrust upon me as something that even remotely deserves celebrating. It's just downright disgusting to the mainstream but not "politically correct" to say it out loud.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:16 pm 

Another bit of troubling fall out of from all these "off-message gaffes" (Fred Dicker, gays) from Paladino is that the perceptions of Paladino are hurting some solid candidates who are in some real tight battles.

Albany is a poster child for the ruin that has been -- laid out by our state and federal government. Why that wasn't the key message from Paladino over the weekend and Monday is beyond my comprehension.

By constantly being placed on the defensive (by his own words and actions) he has allowed the Cuomo media and Cuomo to dictate his campaign.

This is what happens when you lose control of the message. Any good candidate has the ability to control their own message. And this includes people who are not "insiders" and have never run for office before.

There's a whole slew of candidates -- local and state-wide -- who have been able to stay "on point" far more effectively.

Don't get me wrong, I admire Paladino's honesty with the people (a damn rare thing out of a politician in this day and age), but he is green between the ears, and is paying a high tuition for a political education.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:40 pm 

Guys like Cuomo understand that he has a huge constituency dependent on government handouts for clothing, food, and shelter (and that includes the unions who now have more Big Government employees than the private sector).

I'll vote for Crazy Carl but Status Cuomo has the upper hand. It'll be tax and spend and borrow another $10 BILLION to plug the holes in the 2010 budget. I don't know about upstate but Long Island is turning into a place of old farts, wealthy people, illegal aliens, and city refugees on the dole. Our middle class and young people can't make a living here with the taxes and are leaving like fleas jumping off a dead dog.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:55 pm 

Paladino is good for what ails us. A guy who speaks his mind an guy who has had issues and made some poor choices and ADMITS them. Cuomo is gonna be governor because it is his birthright and because the moral majority and democratic machine will make certain they get out the votes. I too have friends who are gay and many are flamboyant and pro marriage. They just are not that way around me and my family.Not a one is a republican.

Look Carl is a smart buisnessman with a very quick trigger. It has worked against him and fed the liberal media machine.It will also get some crazy ratings when they debate next week. Young Andy is probably having someone start his car out of fear it is rigged to blow.SOme sleepless nites awaits Andy as he awaits the debate next week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:25 pm 

It is almost unbelievable that he is speaking out against a ruling class position like homosexuality. Especially since the media has gone into overdrive of late putting homosexuality in the forefront of the social engineering operation, it is very brave of him to speak his mind. When you go against the ruling class like this there will certainly be consequences. You are not allowed to speak out about and expose an esoteric truth like this; even the conservative NY Post had to serve its elite masters and dis Paladino on its cover today. They must be saying "why doesn't he just stick to bashing unions?" since that is one of the post's key themes.

His greatest sin is his lack of polish. Americans want a politician that can lie while smiling. The greater the difference between his spoken exoteric truth and the hidden esoteric truth the better in this gnostic world. Paladino just comes out and tells you how he feels; this turns American politics on its head and will illicit a strong response from the ruling elite for his open disobedience.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:48 pm 

suffolk otb wrote:
He heard gays work for OTB----it has to go!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:50 pm 

Samyn wrote:
It is almost unbelievable that he is speaking out against a ruling class position like homosexuality. Especially since the media has gone into overdrive of late putting homosexuality in the forefront of the social engineering operation, it is very brave of him to speak his mind. When you go against the ruling class like this there will certainly be consequences. You are not allowed to speak out about and expose an esoteric truth like this; even the conservative NY Post had to serve its elite masters and dis Paladino on its cover today. They must be saying "why doesn't he just stick to bashing unions?" since that is one of the post's key themes.

His greatest sin is his lack of polish. Americans want a politician that can lie while smiling. The greater the difference between his spoken exoteric truth and the hidden esoteric truth the better in this gnostic world. Paladino just comes out and tells you how he feels; this turns American politics on its head and will illicit a strong response from the ruling elite for his open disobedience.

So a multi-millionaire who makes a good portion of his income and his fortune from sucking on the gov't tit isn't part of the ruling class? I want some of what you're smoking.

For the record, I couldn't possibly support Andrew either. But let's be a little more honest about what Carl is.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:44 am 

Sure Paladino is a rich guy but he does not serve the real ruling class that Cuomo represents. This is a guy who started with nothing. He is one of the few to emerge successful from the ashes of a hard hit rust belt city like Buffalo. It seems like he did it on his own terms; yes he is a government contractor but not a specialized political mercenary like Cuomo. He seems like one of the few that is using his money to sincerely help the people; that is why the attack on him is so fierce and his mostly presented as a ad hominem attack. He is "mentally ill" he is a "bigot" he is a racist" they use all the key words to direct people away from him to the chosen candidate Cuomo. Cuomo is a candidate with millions in support and a barrage of ubiquitous TV ads that could sell sea water to sailors. The Rockefeller's, the big foundations and other bankers that really run the country and push forth the agendas are the people behind Cuomo.

Cuomo is a real sell out. Here is a Catholic guy from Queens that supports abortion and every other subversive attack on people's dignity. If this guy can't even get his own religion right how can you trust him to be honest. Carl will tell you the truth, good or bad.